PA Steam Reviews

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by sierra159, September 7, 2014.

1. weaponsman217

weaponsman217 New Member

Lets all just be happy they haven't invaded these forums :)
    tehtrekd likes this.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Yet.
    websterx01 and squishypon3 like this.
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

"The great forum war of 2014-2015"
  4. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

There is a simple trick for that: Say you found the ones with (unfounded) critique not helpfull (there is a like/dislike button for it). Ones with bad scores will not be shown up in the list. We should have just enough numbers to make an impact.

But we should leave the ones having actuall critique in place.

They tried. Our mods just spotted them and hit thier threads with logic-nukes.

That is why they go to Steam. They know they would not survive here for 1 page.
    kayonsmit101 and cwarner7264 like this.
  5. ragarnoy

ragarnoy Member

Well, they're kind of already here, the number is steadily increasing.

Oh please, tell me how it's wrong for someone who was expecting a full product to complain about features lacking in the thing they spent money for.
  6. squishypon3

Meh not really, the amount of stuff we've gotten is surprisingly low.
  7. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

It's been a fun day, to be sure.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  8. ragarnoy

ragarnoy Member

You say that but you keep replying in other threads to these people... And as cwarner (>) implies, he must have deleted some and i know he moved some others.
  9. squishypon3

Moving threads is fine, he did delete 2 threads, because they were not being constructive at all, baiting for a flame war essentially.

What I mean is this is no more people coming on here with issues than ever before, it's basically the same amount.

I've been here for a year, I've seen all the ignorance you could imagine. :D
  10. Bhaal

Bhaal Active Member

The Concept of the game was good, but the product we currently have is bad and flawed.
    Its the most exhausting game I have ever played. Your eyes hurt after a long game because you have to concentrate so much finding the right units and orientating is hard, while the battlefield moves around the planet. I talk about games with more than 5k Units where Icons are layered above each other. Orbital and ground and air gets clustered. The advanced Interface is not there. Its the same like supcom with less features...

This game might play well for 1v1 on small planets but on multi planets and big planets it just sucks.
    And I backed this game for 40 player games and thousands of units which was advertised but not delivered.
    Just had a 8 player FFA with the server crawling at 1fps again... Unit pathing is not working, units get stuck at obstacles everywhere.
  11. squishypon3

Well we diiid do a game with 40 players back in Beta :D

Anyway, I can agree on the pathing, really cannot wait for some improved pathing, but personally I find most people blow it out of proportion, then again I ply predominantly moon planets. This game shines on single planet systems with very large planets, a couple small smashables are welcome as well. The fact I see players complaining after trying to play a 7 planet system with large planets is ridiculous at best. (Not implying that's what you've been through) and i feel this is where a lot of the criticism comes from, people who aren't being realistic essentially.
  12. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I truly do not understand the NEED for saves that people have. In fact, I've never played an RTS game that can save mid-match. Saves would be wonderful, but for crying out loud, it's "real time."

Stability can't be argued with :p

(I didn't even read his review, I just ranted on sight)
  13. treebee

treebee New Member

Then you've not played many RTS' - most include it, at least for singleplayer/skirmish.

As to the need:

- What if a game that takes longer than planned.
    - If Something comes up?
    - One of a number of bugs pop up that mean you can't continue playing. I nearly had one a few minutes ago; fortunately I'd just discovered about camera shortcuts or I'd have to have quit the battle.

Just because you struggle to imagine something doesn't mean that it's un-necessary.
  14. websterx01

I played Halo Wars mostly (which is the one I particularly remember, though I touched on TA[Perhaps this one had it?] and SC) and it had no save. However, 1 game is not a representative sample of the whole.

I'm not saying that there isn't a reason to have save, I just don't get why people see it as such an important feature when other successful RTS games didn't use it.
  15. babeslayer66

babeslayer66 New Member

I will change my steam review from a negative to a positive when offline mode is added.
    ace63 and cdrkf like this.
  16. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

We might unite the factions to fight the return of the Xziphid Hegemony!
  17. treebee

treebee New Member

TA and SupCom both have saves (although the SupCom one was flaky on larger fights). It's mandatory for games that can take multiple hours which something of this scale inevitably will. As best I can tell from some Googling, Halo Wars seems to have game times in the minutes range; http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/935835-halo-wars/48614136 - for that sort of game it makes no real sense to offer save functionality.
  18. squishypon3

Pfffft... I had very long games in that, though I suppose we kinda rigged it by giving everyone tons of resources and playing on the largest maps. :p

Pa's games don't last too long, 20-30 minutes... That is unless there are a lot of planets ^^;
  19. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I appreciate that your prepared to look at the game again, that's a much more mature attitude than many have. I'm certain you'll be able to change that review in the next month or so :)

I have no issue with people given fair criticism, a small minority however seem determined to prove that this is somehow a scam or terrible or whatever (there appears to be a backlash against Kickstarter projects + early access so sadly PA has ticked rather a few 'troll magnet' points simply by existing). I personally think Uber have delivered what they promised (admittedly with the omission of offline, I trust them though when they say it is coming).
    squishypon3 likes this.
  20. websterx01

My PA games are, even small team games, longer than my Halo Wars games, even at Legendary AI difficulty, which was the fastest paced game-play I've ever done. It beats out rushing on PA. (Though I'm not so good at PA compared to Halo Wars.)

Did Star Craft have saves as well? Does the new one?