PA Steam Review - Analysis

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by felipec, December 29, 2014.

1. earth75

earth75 Member

too bad recent results are missing, but here is a chart of the results because I have a graphical mind and I couldnt figure out the situation without seeing it lol

It looks like PA took a big hit early january :/ also the rate today is 70,46% positive.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: March 21, 2015
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Or, you know, you scale the y-axis correctly. :)
    pasteam.png
  3. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Well considering the average percent has a very low standard deviation, the original graph might represent the data better.
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Perhaps. It depends what you are looking for. It would be interesting to know what caused the 2% dip. "Something" seems to have happened around that time. Maybe there was a big sale that triggered a bunch more reviews, which can change the average by a small but noticeable amount. It's unlikely that all those new reviews would have exactly 72.0% on average. The rest of the time it would just be the occasional review from a buyer outside of a sale, which wouldn't do much to the average at all.

On the whole though, the change is rather insignificant, i.e. the 100% scaled plot.
  5. felipec

felipec Active Member

The 1.5% fall was during the Steam holydays sale.;)
    Good thing is that now most front page reviews are positive ones.