PA Stats 1v1 ladder map pool

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by elodea, September 15, 2014.

1. elodea

elodea Post Master General

I'm aware of this. I was talking about qos for people playing pa stats ladder in the mean time.
  2. judicatorofgenocide

judicatorofgenocide Active Member

1030 pm to 6 am ladder is dead =( i searched and searched and searched............so few games played.........ill give it one last try tonight
  3. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

USA nights it's dead. Try Europe nights.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  4. judicatorofgenocide

Just does me no good if there are no American players scheduling issues really hope pa isn't dead in America 1 month after"release" I will be great broken
  5. elodea

PA isn't dead. It's only an issue because only x% of people care for 1v1 matchmaking, of that only x% know about pa stats, of that x% know how to get it through pamm, and x% of that cares to stick around after their first game if it is a loss. So you see, we are left with a rather small percentage unfortunately :).

*Even though alot of people whine about there being no matchmaking in vanilla, alot of them won't use pastats because of the accessibility hurdles (have to get pamm instead of just pressing one button). Only thing we can do is try to spread the word and promote the **** out of colin's awesome mod.
  6. judicatorofgenocide

There were a total of 3 non ladder games, searched for 3 hrs tonight 8 hrs last night and played a total of 3 ppl on ladder 11 hrs for 3 matches with 3 non ladder options feels dead. Might be thriving in Europe but it's not here. Hopefully things turn around when uber creates ladder.
  7. elodea

Going offtopic, but the lobby only shows games you can join by default. You can check out how many people are actually playing multiplayer by changing the default filters to show all games, not just the ones you can join/in lobby.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I've often seen that list show not even half the games visible on PA Stats. I don't think it says much.
  9. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

im not using it at all, i don't know how to play on any of the maps except the moon
  10. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Hey,

I recently made a system like the semi final in the SS tournament... but mine is better :)

I think you guys should look at it and consider adding it to the pool (just trying to make something different but balanced)

There are 2 identical moons orbiting a gas giant. The moons are 700 radius and have 75% metal. The spawns are also fair from what I've tested. Both moons require 2 hallies to activate.

It is called "Real Strategy - DoubleSpawn" in the default system browser. I hope you guys look at it and i hope it's good enough :)
  11. judicatorofgenocide

Wow hopped on for a couple games during European time frame and pa stats is rocking! Go Europeans! So obvious I need practice vs higher lvl players. Won games army count and eco wise but not strategically. Orbital command snipes. ...wow. ...cool.... oh you got me beat, wait no aa 20 t1 bombers for the come back gg lol. Come on Americans start playing on the ladder! Imho ladders are the best way to learn the holes in your play. Its gonna take me forever to catch up if I can only get games during European time frames.
  12. judicatorofgenocide

There any way to pick your commander for ladder games?
  13. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Do you wanna change every time? You can just make your preferred commander as the default?

Welcome back by the way Jog. Looking forward to the next quadratech and porcupine build. :D
    zaphodx likes this.
  14. judicatorofgenocide

Lol nothing but love for ya clopse. I deserve the pokes for my excessive excessive excessive nerdiness, but I do recall you falling to variations of those builds a few times. I'll be working on some stuff for ya soon enough though if I can't find any ladder games besides when eu is on they might not be ironed out enough to give you a challenge.
    Last edited: October 6, 2014
    zaphodx and Clopse like this.
  15. neptunio

neptunio Active Member

Oh god the porcupine build. That thing gives me nightmares, porcupines coming out the closet and throwing dox at me.
    stuart98 and Clopse like this.
  16. judicatorofgenocide

lol Now that shitz funny I don't care who you are lol!
    stuart98 likes this.
  17. elodea

Someone's going to have to fill me in... porcupines?!
    stuart98 likes this.
  18. judicatorofgenocide

19. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Back on the gentleman ladder JoG had build orders he made. One was the porcupine build. It was as neptunio said. Scary
    elodea likes this.
  20. Protz

Protz New Member

Where do I submit maps for consideration?

I recently made a sweet little planet. Check out "Stats Farm World" It is shared on default server.
    Loving the new system editor btw, to bad we cant freehand the mexspots yet..