PA Stats 1v1 ladder map pool

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by elodea, September 15, 2014.

1. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

It needs 8 vetos, not 1 T_T
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

You are free to setup your own PA Stats server with moon only matchmaking
  3. gunshin

if i were interested in playing again i might have thought about doing it, but...
    tatsujb likes this.
  4. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Nothing to say here but thanks to @cola_colin for a) developing PA Stats in the first place b) implementing match-making and c) implementing this map pool feature!

Testament to Uber's commitment to developing a game engine from the ground up that allows for modding. No small feat.
    squishypon3, Uggeli, elodea and 2 others like this.
  5. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I remember your rant in Zaphodx's twitch chat :p
    squishypon3 likes this.
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I want to start playing in the turd pit at the bottom of pastats matchmaking soon. These maps are real encouragement. Too bad Uber don't buff naval lil more, a naval only map only works because no multiplanet and no land whatsoever, basically leaving everyone to play with the same handicap. Air only is still easily harassed and naval does a well enough job at AA considering the frigate health. At least naval fabber has all land bonuses, and scout is actually just early raider.
  7. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

I've just had a very fun game on dustbowl, I like this map :)
    zihuatanejo and elodea like this.
  8. akevader

akevader New Member

The maps link in the header is not quite intuitive, i guess it can't be fitted in the left menu under the "PA Stats 1vs1" button? Perhaps place it next to the "PA Stats IRC" button then? It just blends in too much now. :S

The map veto dialogue looks slick though, gj. :)
    elodea and Quitch like this.
  9. cola_colin

I'll make a note to add some serious button like css style something to it.
    reptarking and cptconundrum like this.
  10. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

So if I get 'Taxman 2v2', it gives me the extra incentive and motivation to destroy the enemy intruder. Muh planet.
    ;)
    reptarking likes this.
  11. gunshin

Dont get me started on him. I would rather not be banned on here.
    Taxman66, neptunio and Clopse like this.
  12. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Gotta get me on that 1v1 ladder, just so I can get smashed by people several years ahead of me in skill :/
  13. klovian

klovian Member

Not so fast sir!

There are a lot of good players that recently joined the game ~3months that do quite well on the ladder.
    And that's a thanks to the second less known AMAZING part about pastats that I love with aggression.

It's the ability to embed a 1 click launch of game replays into your PA when you have pastats installed.

All the games are listed on pastats.com.

See two Great players just went at it?

Well my good man, you are 1 click away from watching a recording of that match with chronocam abilities!

Watch build orders, unit composition, and their unit application.

Whammy!

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with pastats, pastats.com, or whoever tf created it. I have not been compensated for this advertisement (yet, I have paypal), I only am an exploiter of in-game recordings, and find weaknesses in my opponents and capitalize on them.
  14. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I like CP in Tf2 as we- Oh, wait you mean in PA.
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  15. neptunio

neptunio Active Member

The Taxman 2v2 map has 3 spawns on one island and 1 on the other.

This is really imbalanced if you get 2 on the same island and the other guy gets a choice since you have to play expecting him next to you while he can go for an economical opener having spawned on his own..

I tested it a number of times to make sure, including loading 2 PA clients, loading the map and inspecting the 4 spawn options. In the OP, the first 3 starting positions are all located on the same island, the 4th being the only spawn on the other island.

I call for removal of this imbalanced map!
    reptarking likes this.
  16. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Any particular reason you don't play any more Gunshin? You were a very good player not so long ago...
  17. gunshin

I think i mentioned it before, but apart from Uber's completely obvious apparent lack of accomodating the competetive crowd, the game isjust boring. The main focus of the game which is the multiple planets, just dont bring anything and add nothing but complexity. The game is fun on single planets without orbital, but not so much with them.
    bradaz85, stuart98 and neptunio like this.
  18. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Ah ok, personally I think you can have a very good game with multiple planets if designed well, though I agree that in many situations multi planets can get stale.

I'm not sure how recently you played but one big changes does greatly improve this for team games- multi planet spawns :) This has been in for a while, and when your in a team with several other players you can start on several planets at once and be using gates to move forces between them depending on circumstances. It adds quite a nice dimension as you can gain a big advantage if you can clear the opposing team off one planet completely (but then diverting too many forces form other fronts can backfire). It also neatly avoids having to mess around with orbital to access most of the map.

Also now PA:Stats has matchmaking the multi-player crowd are up and running nicely albeit thanks to @cola_colin :)
    mishtakashi likes this.
  19. gunshin

I have tried the pastats ladder recently, and solo games, the only ones im actually interested in, are just awful if both players spawn on different planets. It is just flat out boring because both players sit on their *** building eco to which it then just turns into a nuke fest =/
    bradaz85 and neptunio like this.
  20. cola_colin

I've actually started to play multiplanet spawns with some of the recent new mappol maps and I like the "teleporter" war.... Sure orbital isunderdeveloped, but once that works as well as just making teleporters everywhere .... Man that will be awesome.