PA refuses to launch

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Nicb1, October 22, 2015.

1. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Damn, no idea what happened on your end as even after verifying (there appears to be no new update) it still does not launch :(

Wish this problem wasn't so elusive.
  2. sauron25

sauron25 New Member

I think i know what caused this problem on my computer. When i started my computer today the game was not working again, so i started to tweaking with clean boot, and that give me results. The game was blocked by 2 services:
    -GalaxyClientService
    -GalaxyCommunication

These 2 services are connected with "GOG Galaxy" program used to manage games from GOG.com(Good Old Games) - maybe you know this site, if you have "The Witcher 3" installed on your computer you propably have this program also.

@nicb1

Run msconfig("windows key+R" combination then type "msconfig" and press Enter) then in MSCONFIG menu move to "Services" tab and search for this 2 services which i mentioned above("GalaxyClientService" and "GalaxyCommunication" - uncheck them, apply new settings and restart your computer. After that the game should work :)
  3. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Thanks for posting again and letting me know about this. Yeah turns out this was the issue and now it's working fine :)

Thanks again for letting me know as I don't believe I would have worked this out on my own any time soon. Who would have thought that elements from GOG galaxy would be conflicting with PA.
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Now I am wondering what the heck GOG galaxy is doing to prevent other programs from even starting at all. Really weird. But nice find!
    Nicb1 likes this.
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Perhaps a bug in the new GOG registration code. I've been wondering why they haven't launched it yet.

I don't see anything in JS-land that directly calls exit, so it appears to be an engine issue.
  6. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, it seems to go very deep. PA doesn't even get to the point where it writes out a log or even the command line. It's like it prevented from launching altogether, like a virus scanner would.
  7. sauron25

sauron25 New Member

Im glad that i could help :)
    Nicb1, dom314 and DeathByDenim like this.