PA misinterprets some keystrokes

Discussion in 'Support!' started by loonybin0, August 16, 2018.

1. loonybin0

loonybin0 New Member

So, I guess this is really a follow up to this thread: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/numlock-key-registering-as-s-key.72475/, but since I am someone who often tweaks controls in games, I wanted to give a list of all the keys that I have found aren't captured correctly in PA. So, I ended up doing a little tinkering with different keyboard layouts (Windows Language Bar) and found a few interesting things.

Note: the symbols given in this list are the unmodified face values of the keys for various layouts, so "$" means the actual key with $ printed on it, not Shift+4.
    • Capslock = 9
    • Windows key = "meta"
    • Insert = ","
    • Print Screen = ","
    • Page Up = "k"
    • Scroll Lock = " " (blank)
    • Numpad (Num Lock on):
      • 1,2,3,...,8,9 do correspond to their number*
      • "." = "." (correct) and 0 = "`"*
        • *except when holding Shift.
          Shift + Numpad[1,2,3,...,9,0,"."] = Shift
      • Enter = " " (blank)
      • Num Lock = "s"
    • Numpad (Num Lock off):
      • Gives the exact same values as when Num Lock is on (even though they should be Home, Up Arrow, Page Up, Insert, etc.), except now Shift + Numpad[key] works as it should have with Num Lock on.
      • All other modifier keys work as if Num Lock is on in either state.
    • On different keyboard layouts:
      • The top number row (1,2,3,...,9,0) appears to be fixed, so regardless of whether your particular layout has other keys there, PA only recognizes those numbers as corresponding to those key positions.
      • "$" = Home
      • Any modifier key + "^" = that modifier key
      • "²" OR "ù" = "" (empty/nothing)
      • "!" = Page Up
      • "#" = End
      • AltGr = Control
    There are probably more for keyboard layouts in different languages, but I don't feel like looking into that.

Anyway, I hope that was helpful, and I hope it's some incentive for the devs to rework those keybinds.