PA Metacritic reviews

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Shwyx, September 9, 2014.

1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Because it isn't 3/10.

And didn't pull a supcom 2.

(That said, ive been on the forums every day, so to say that this was a disappointing release is to say that most people didn't actually keep up with the game until now.

This was actually fully expected by most of us, as why we aren't bitter like the steam forums, we got burnt out on the complaints and worrys about feature XYZ not being in the game yet.

Like, you see people complaining about how they regret their purchase on a product they did not research on and expected it to be as good as they imagined when they came back, and got burned because it didn't live up to the hype of the kick starter, a hype that died down ages ago when we knew the game would be like that by now, for what ever reason, good or bad, the game didn't progress as fast as people expected, and now when it was released, it works but didn't have all the features promised, because you know, businesses always keep to their promises for years after they are announced.

It just seems so naive that people, for all the blood-letting they give out fall for the same stuff over and over again, especially the people who fell for it after confessing that they knew this would happen, similar thing that happened to the last product released, and then scream that they were tricked again because they didn't even believe their own propaganda.

It's just ridiculous that people can be upset about this and then be even more upset that people here on the forum aren't as upset as they are.

We knew what the game was, and how it was going to be on release.

And that was a functional product, no more, no less, bugs yep, missing stuff yep, but functional.

6/10 is a functional grade, C.

Might not live up to peoples rose-tinted releases of SupCom and TA, but it's a damn well functional thing that gives limited amounts of enjoyment.

So please save me the disappointed eyes.

Because frankly, most of us here were disappointed before you even knew the game existed.)

No offence intended of course, I am sure you are a good human being of much worth.
    wilhelmvx, Geers, websterx01 and 2 others like this.
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Because of IGN, a 8/10 being an "It's okay" kind of game.

I've even seen 10/10s with "It was good"

Like, look at this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. igncom1

Damn it ME!
  4. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Lol if you've seen some of the other reviews going around, this is pretty good.
  5. squishypon3

Mass 0/10 doesn't count. ;)
    drz1 likes this.
  6. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

So are 10/10, and most of them come from this fanbase.
    Jon Mavor isn't Cavedog, like guys in Petroglyph isn't Westwood.
  7. squishypon3

Did I ever say they did?
  8. igncom1

9. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

If you only count the "mixed" reviews, the average score would be more or less the same, so dismiss the extreme ones won't really make the game's reputation better.
  10. squishypon3

7 isn't that bad in my opinion. o_O
    igncom1 likes this.
  11. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

How can you get a 7 when the mixed reviews are the reviews within 5-7 range in metacritic?
  12. squishypon3

I hadn't actually looked, just made an assumption based on what I last saw. Six is still higher than five, really ratings have been skewed for a while. Five is pretty on the fence, like it has some good features, but some really bad features. Anything above is supposed to be good, anything below is supposed to be worse. 0 and 10 should both be pretty much impossible to get. 0 means there is basically no game at all, whilst ten means it's literally perfect.

Very, very rarely does that happen.
  13. Bouncer2000

Bouncer2000 Member

just to give my two cents. I think the reviews with scores around 6 or 7/10 are totally ok. I have been playing TA back in the days a whole lot of a time, enjoyed supreme commander a lot and I am following PA since the kickstarter. PA is a great game to me and I really like what UBER achieved so far, but I think the game isn't nearly finished or balanced and bugged out. I understand the frustration of some folks and even this tomchicken guy has some points, even though I think he has barely played PA. The game has been released and it lacks a lot things, which I really don't need to mention here, because these have been discussed in countless other threats. I really wish PA and the team lots of success and I hope they will make PA even bigger and greater experience in the future, but to be honest, the current version doesn't feel complete and ready for the reviews.

I hope the ratings won't drop too much and people will keep buying and playing PA.
    Fr33Lancer, wilhelmvx and cola_colin like this.
  14. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

It would get worse if you only count the user reviews within 1-9 range, there are far more people gave the game a 10/10 than gave it a 0/10.
  15. igncom1

Sounds about right to be fair.

Number based reviews are kinda weird like that.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  16. Geers

Geers Post Master General

cdrkf and squishypon3 like this.
  17. nlaush

nlaush Active Member

Honestly, 7-8 is what the game should get right now as is. They could always come back and review it again later.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  18. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

The Quarter to Tgree review is the worst... they play only SC2 and think that the same is the best RTS!
    no saying that is bad but is like to say: you are bad because you are diferent
  19. squishypon3

Yep, which truthfully is a good score, no matter what IGN and some such companies will lead you to believe. ;)
    nlaush likes this.
  20. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I think it's a 7. Just still too buggy to really get more.
    Bsport likes this.