PA.exe has stopped working (build 49122)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by genouious, June 7, 2013.

1. kingmako30

kingmako30 New Member

Wow that is a long post...
  2. robotskull

robotskull New Member

Does anyone know, if they are working on this problem? I mean an update to the progress on solving this issue. If this issue can't be solved will they issue a refund for the alpha (for those who can't play it)?
  3. airwave539

airwave539 New Member

I found for me that on the machines I have issue with installing to c:\Planetary Annihilation\ fixed my problems.
  4. MEBx34

MEBx34 New Member

My bad on the long post, did not realize it was going to be as long as a game of civ on marathon mode. I just REALLY want to play this game and I'm glad I'm not the only person with this problem.
  5. otlichno

otlichno New Member

Garat must not have seen it yet, cause he said he was going to nuke posts like that.

Anyways I'm seeing this with 49595, weird thing is game use to work until I updated. While nothing else on the system has changed.

So while it may not be a Uber specific bug, they were either allowing or ignoring something before that is not being so now. Something changed in the game to cause this for me.

Card: Nvidia Geforce GT330M

I think its being tracked also with this bug: http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/inde ... ask_id=182

Attached Files:

6. 3dmo

3dmo New Member

I'm still experiencing this problem. Now up to build 51118.
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Then upload your DxDiag.txt here. Nobody can help you without information about your operation system and hardware.

I can give you 99% guarantee that is not game bug. It's won't be fixed in any new build.
  8. kaitax

kaitax New Member

I just bought the Alpha and am experianceing the same.
    Whenever I start the game, or want to, it gives me the "PA.exe has stopped working" message

I tryed a solution or two, but none helped ><

Please help me

Here ould be my PC specs:
    Windows 7
    64-bit PC
    Intel Core i5 CPU M560 @ 2.67GHz
    4 GB RAM
    Intel HD Graphics
  9. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

In almost all circumstances, this is a driver or admin issue. First off, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. If you're running intel integrated graphics older than HD4000, you may run into some serious performance problems. As graphics go, those are very under-powered. It should, however, still run. You need to make sure you have the latest drivers though. If you attach your DX Diag, that will help. Please don't copy/paste it. Just attach the .txt file.
  10. kingmako30

kingmako30 New Member

Here is my Dxdiag information, I would be happier simply to know what I could do to get this game working.

Attached Files:

11. garat

King Mako, this would be the problem:

Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 8/25/2010 19:36:02, 6547968 bytes

And what we mean when you need up to date drivers. Those graphics drivers are three years old. :/ You need to update your graphics drivers.
  12. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Unfortunately your laptop is too old and not met minimal system requirements for this game.

You can grab latest video drivers garat mentioned here:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail ... ldID=22165
    But I really doubt game you able play game on this hardware.
  13. kingmako30

kingmako30 New Member

"Your computer does not meet minimal requirements to install this software"

Well... I suppose I won't be playing this game any time soon...
  14. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Anyway try to update drivers and check if it's helps.

Unfortunately low-end laptop from 2009 isn't best hardware for any games. :(
  15. mclovely

mclovely New Member

I am having the same issue discussed in this topic. whenever i try to run the game i get a message saying that the pa.exe has stopped working. i have updated all my drivers and that has not changed the problem. i have attached my DxDiag in case it helps figure out the problem.

Attached Files:

16. garat

There must be newer drivers for your video card than this: :)

Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 12/17/2009 04:50:55, 4684288 bytes

Finding mobile graphics driver updates can be hard, but see if you can find a download for that on ATI.com. There's no way that's gonna run.
  17. stonesand

stonesand New Member

Or, try this:
    http://laptopvideo2go.com/

It's a site that produces new .inf files for graphics drivers, which means they'll work on any Nvidia card, even funky OEM ones. If you have an Nvidia card, go there!

Download the .inf file they have for a particular driver version, and then download the driver itself from them, as well. Unzip the driver files, and then overwrite the driver file's original .inf with the NEW one. That'll unlock the drivers to work with any Nvidia chipset, even the mobile ones, no matter if the original OEM doesn't produce drivers anymore. Once you've overwritten the .inf file, install the drivers.

Now test it out! If it works, great! if not, try a different version and .inf file from that set (don't mix .inf files with different driver versions). Nvidia puts out an insane number of new driver versions each year: keep trying until you find one that's stable on your machine. A good rule of thumb to use is to look at the number of people that have downloaded a particular driver set: the more people that have it, the more compatible it is.

I've used it to prolong the usefulness of older Nvidia-based laptops for years, now! :)
  18. paranioa

paranioa New Member

Your driver is outdated
    Date and Size: 5/25/2010 05:15:33, 2374560 bytes
    you can go to http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7- ... river.html if you have windows 7 or 8 and download new drivers free. :) Hope this helps.
    If your comp does not meet minimal requirements for this. Bring it to a computer shop like PC world and see if they will do you a good price to improve your comps ram and so on. Hope this helps.
  19. 3dmo

3dmo New Member

Thanks. File attached. My graphics drivers are up to date apparently.

Attached Files:

20. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Outdated drivers is your problem:
    New drivers are here:
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/w ... sta64.aspx
    You can also use "Latest Beta Driver", it's should work fine and give a bit better performance.