PA Economy Factsheet (for new & improving players)

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by silenceoftheclams, October 6, 2013.

1. doomrater

doomrater Active Member

I noticed the chart doesn't mention combat fabbers which have HUGE range and can be beneficial when reaching absurd amounts of energy and metal production. What are their numbers anyway? They seem like a good choice for when you've reached your maximum crowd limit for helping to build nukes and halleys.

I've found having a swarm of air fabbers assisting multiple buildings with the area patrol command really helps automate factory build time, even though it's obviously more energy dependent than simply assigning a single fabber to build a factory. The nice thing about the area patrol command is that they don't just assist either- they'll go fix things moving and flying in the vicinity as well which can help keep a base in one piece without assistance!
  2. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

It was made before they existed.
  3. doomrater

doomrater Active Member

Well, yes, I was wondering if someone would update it actually.
  4. silenceoftheclams

silenceoftheclams Active Member

Hi guys, Silence here. I've been meaning to update this thread to reflect Gamma changes to the economy and its balance but unfortunately I've not had the time/energy to do so as yet after an unlucky accident that kinda messed me up. However, though I have to work like crazy over the next week/month or so I am planning to start redrafting stuff and getting useful info out there soon(TM). I'll try and update the spreadsheet first with Gamma unit info, then work on interpreting the results in a (hopefully) helpful and transparent manner afterwards.

In short, no promises but I am totally going to start on this as soon as I can.
    stormingkiwi and drz1 like this.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Well don't push yourself too hard! Might even be someone willing to give you a hand if your up to that I'm sure.

Mike
  6. silenceoftheclams

Well, I updated the unit values. Interesting results, but frankly not that interesting. In short, assisting a T2 factory is no longer that great, and tends to cap out at between 3 and 4 fabbers with the important exception of T2 navy. I'll start rewriting the main post to reflect this.
    stormingkiwi and zaphodx like this.
  7. silenceoftheclams

Aaaaaand I think that's as far as this is going to go for now. We are up to date, but I'm sorely tempted to put all this stuff in a new thread, with extra info on a wider range of topics, such as making the switch to T2 eco, and updates to the stuff on assisting T2 factories.
    mishtakashi likes this.