PA crashes on Launch

Discussion in 'Support!' started by PrinceAAwe, February 17, 2015.

1. PrinceAAwe

PrinceAAwe Member

Hey guys I recently installed PA on another computer using Steam but every time i try to launch the game it crashes.. Can someone please help me :S I attached the DxDiag to this..

Thanks for any help

Attached Files:

2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

There is something odd with the drivers:
    You may want to try reinstalling them with the "latest" from the AMD website: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows 7 - 64

Unfortunately for you, the card you are using is quite old and has been relegated to legacy status. So even with "latest", it still means your drivers will be two years old. A lot of bug fixes have occurred since then, any of which could be responsible for your crashes. But try it anyway, it might work.

Also, you have very little memory. Try increasing the virtual memory and see if that helps.
  3. PrinceAAwe

PrinceAAwe Member

I see.... I will try to see if that works.. Thank you! This is my older computer but I still wanted to try and run PA on it.. Thanks for the help
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, I hope you can. It's actually just below the minimum system requirements for PA as your graphics card only has 256MB onboard memory. That means it will steal memory from your main memory when it runs out and thus leaves you with even less than 4GB...
    PrinceAAwe likes this.
  5. PrinceAAwe

PrinceAAwe Member

i have extra ram from my other computer if necessary :) thanks ^_^
    DeathByDenim likes this.