PA Community Media: Streams and Channels!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Cheeseless, April 30, 2013.

1. khazar1

khazar1 Member

Ok you need to go waaaayyyy back to basics of the basics. You should look at some how-to tutorials for Youtube video making or let's play making or whatever.

Here's a start: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 147AA3p56g

I mean hell I even uploaded 2560x1440 videos, how long do you think I wanted to render my internet connection useless? ^^ None of the big channels on YouTube are stationed in Japan with 2Gbits download and 1Gbits upload, instead most of them are in America which has one of the worst 1st world internet infrastructures.. how do you think they do their daily work? ;) Though they could live in Kansas with Google internet those goddamn bastards. :evil:

... So yeah if you're working with computers plz try to use logic for things that seem quite outrageous(for example how would you ever have been able to watch at all fluidly a YouTube video with so much GBs? ^^). Yes there are stupid things and idiotic explanations sometimes but it has clear boundaries. Believe me I work with them Monday to Friday(even though it's programming) and my home pc enviroment goes into the 10,000s.. believe you me, it can get stupid, but never into impossiblruekfseubhfso territory. ;)

P.S. One of my best moments, just one month ago: PC wouldn't start without monitor connected. PC wouldn't start with another graphics card build in. Literally nobody could believe it at first. After I switched the mainboard: tadaaaa it was fixed... *facepalm* High-End mainboards ladies and gentlemen... x)

Edit: this is getting way OT, I'm out! ^^
  2. Angel9001

Angel9001 New Member

3. miesha

miesha New Member

Hey hey. I'm planning to begin streaming some stuff once it's authorized over at http://www.twitch.tv/Miesha88 though there won't really be a schedule or anything. Maybe if there's a lot of interest in it, I'll begin scheduling some livestreams etc, we'll see.

Fair warning, I've livestreamed stuff twice in my life, both times to show a buddy of mine how to do a few missions in SC2 on brutal. That's it. But I wanna give it a go with PA so we'll see what happens ^_^
  4. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

Chances are good that I'll be streaming quite a bit of PA at http://www.Twitch.tv/mrhammertoss

I also have a Youtube channel, but RTS matches are usually too long for Youtube to be an appropriate format.
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
  5. Cheeseless

Cheeseless Member

Nah, videos on Youtube have been getting longer and longer, loads of people post full LoL matches. If the game goes over an hour i usually split it.
  6. exonia

exonia New Member

I'm planning on doing quite a lot with YouTube, hopefully with some competitive match commentary and the like. I'll possibly try to stream as well, but living in Australia my connection isn't exactly great.

I've set up a brand new channel for it here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ExotronGaming

(In-game name is Exotron)

Cheers!

EDIT: my email for replay submissions is exotrongaming@gmail.com
  7. vidroth

vidroth New Member

8. brent3000

brent3000 New Member

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  9. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Hi there,

I upload daily videos of Supreme Commander and many of my subscribers are interested in PA.

Will be uploading PA videos as soon as the alpha key hits my inbox, expect daily+ videos.

I'll be casting a lot, send me replays via forum PM or Youtube PM.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ZaphodX1

[​IMG]
  10. mcodl

mcodl Member

Hi, I don't really make my own videos anymore since I dropped my home business for a fulltime job.

However if anyone in Europe would need an additional person for a gameplay then let me know. Just not during working or sleeping hours :) .
  11. therishka

therishka New Member

Seems like streaming alpha-phase is allowed?
    I don't have that many followers on twitch, but most of my friends definately will be interested in purchasing PA after watching the stream.
  12. Cheeseless

Cheeseless Member

Yep, we sort of got Uber's blessing after garat promoted this topic. Feel free to PM me your stream channel URL so I can add it to the OP.
  13. crazymilkshake5

crazymilkshake5 New Member

14. warlockgs

warlockgs Member

15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

twitch.tv/ColaColin

if it is allowed and playable I'll stream first tries on discovering alpha 1v1 competitive balance.
  16. gsurus

gsurus New Member

17. Cr0sshairs

Cr0sshairs New Member

18. Gowerly

Gowerly Member

19. Cheeseless

Cheeseless Member

Everyone so far has been added, sorry for the delay. I was busy studying and procrastinating.
  20. TokamakTech

TokamakTech New Member