PA Beta Launch Build: 54382 / 54412

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, September 26, 2013.

1. microapple

microapple Member

Search the forums.

While I will admit travel times are long (and will need balancing), I don't think they're unreasonable. There are bugs with specific solar systems configurations currently that make it impossible for interplanetary travel in certain circumstance (i.e. Target is to close to sun, or target's orbit is to close to the origin's orbit).

If your units don't reach the target within 2-3 orbits (which can be 5-10 minutes, depending on your solar system), then assume its a bug.
  2. Xagar

Xagar Active Member

Drawing boxes or using f can select things on multiple planets if they're both in view. Quite a pain.
  3. piquedram

piquedram New Member

I had my commander "die" on me while in transit to another planet... Quite an unpleasant surprise, seeing as i thought he was safe in space against the AI...
  4. supremeoverlord

supremeoverlord Member

The AI shot you down then destroyed the evidence.;)
  5. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

What just happened? I'm getting far better fps..
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You're on Steam? Is it happen after 54459 release?
  7. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

I've played probably 10+ games now on new build. AWESOME JOB UBER! Orbital layer is coming along nicely. I love how more than just landers can go between planets (orbital figthers and sats etc.) really allows for advanced scouting and clearing before you invade.

Two biggest bugs atm are Coherent UI breaking forcing you to reload the game so you can control things and When you do reload you can't see units that are actually there nor can you control them. Every thing else is minor (besides that the game isn't finished yet).

Obviously the crashing things into other planets isn't all done yet, but I have managed to do it a couple of times and its cool even though it doesn't do all the correct animations yet.
  8. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

If you are only doing randomly generated ones you won't atm....you have to make the system yourself.
  9. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Can confirm the FPS improvement... this is with the uber launcher not steam, getting between 42-60FPS now even though it was with only 1 AI but I was spread over 2 planets and moon.
  10. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Can you just run it from Steam with overlay disabled? Just to be sure this happen because of that.
  11. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Yeah dude of course, was going to do that anyway, will have to wait untill tommorrow for me to try that though.. I found another issue though while doing some test, running xsplit with PA absolutely hurts the performance badly... like REALLY badly lol which could also be why I was able to run at a much much higher FPS. I remember closing xsplit durring alpha though and it made zero difference to performance so i'll run some more tests.
  12. sparky222b

sparky222b New Member

How does one actually smash planets as shown on the trailer? Couldn't figure out how to build the boosters shown in the video.

Also, are there any planet-to-planet nukes or missiles, anything like that implemented? If so, how do you construct them?
  13. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

only the halleys.....(the rockets) you can only put them on radius 200 and below....the number that you need is indicated at the system level. You can get to the system view by pushing . (period key). You can cycle through planets with the comma key (,)