PA Alpha Build: 52168

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, August 17, 2013.

1. boolybooly

boolybooly Member

I can sit and watch this for hours on end. I really like the way the planets slow each other or speed each other up, slingshotting smaller planets out of the system when you toggle the rails off. This is going to be fun.

Will it be possible to build systems balanced enough that the planets can be off rails and let the gameplay disturb the orbital dynamics? I think the sun may need to be a bit heavier.
  2. mabono5

mabono5 Member

Nice build again :)

Only problem I am having now with this and the previous build, every single game I have played with the AI's after a while the simulation is terminated. It never happened before and I could finish every game, but now I can't. It is usually when I am attacking the AI's defenses.

Anyone else having this problem? I am aware it usually means the server has crashed, but I am experiencing it every time now.

Thanks

Steve
  3. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

Hello Garat,

maybe this is usefull to you...

Attached Files:

4. tidus1492

tidus1492 Member

One thing I've noticed is the ui has crashed a few times for me on this build which never happened before, and I've played quite a bit. After that happens you can't do anything including no typing to let ppl know that you can't do anything, all you can do is alt f4.

edit: ah ya guy above me has crash log I guess. It's the coherent UI crashes. I see there are some bug reports for this but I can't seem to add comment to them so just leaving it here. Has happened 3 times out of 5 or 6 games i've played of this patch
    Last edited: August 21, 2013
  5. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Rorschach - one thing you might want to try:

Copy all the files in here to a back up directory, and leave it empty.
    INFO Coherent local store: "C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Local\\Uber Entertainment\\Planetary Annihilation\\localstore"

Let me know if that has any impact - it will answer the question as to whether it was a corrupt localstore or something else (if it fixes it, don't copy them back, but hold on to them - I'll want you to zip them and email em to me).. if it doesn't fix it, copy em back or whatever you want. It's a different problem in that case. :)
  6. rorschachphoenix

I clicked "Verify files" and downloaded one file. Now it works! :) Sorry for the trouble.
  7. thepyro13

thepyro13 Member

Small metal planets look a bit weird. :p
    metal.png

Though it makes me wish that unfinished metal planets would also be part of the game. Just a little bit of Return of the Jedi.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

that so reminds me of an unfinished death star.
  9. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

Imagine the pathfinding nightmares on THAT puppy! :)
  10. garat

You guys are thinking about it wrong.. Clearly, this is a metal planet that needs to be finished.. You need at least one fabber on it, with a total metal build cost of 1.97 trillion.
    SXX, mabono5, infuscoletum and 5 others like this.
  11. rorschachphoenix

lol :D
    This is a challenge, is it?
  12. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

mabono5 likes this.
  13. garat

infuscoletum likes this.
  14. cola_colin

the displayname suddenly started working for me. Now I ask myself: Is the displayname actually unique?
  15. garat

No.. Our back end tracks it accurately and uniquely (by UberNet ID) but for the purposes of gaming and display name, it's not.
  16. cola_colin

hmm, okay than I'll have to identify people by the ubernet id and keep track of the displayname, too. Fine.
    Thanks