PA Alpha Build: 52168

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, August 17, 2013.

1. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Before you hit "add planet" you have to set the mass. Smaller mass can orbit larger mass. In the first pic of my last post, the moons are 1000 mass and 0 radius, while the main planet is like 10000. As you move the smaller one closer, eventually it's orbit snaps to being around the planet, not the main sun.
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Ah, worked it out. It's only actual generated planets that work, placeholder planets don't. Placeholder planets also completely mess up the sliders:
    placeholder.PNG
  3. infuscoletum

Ya, placeholder planets ALWAYS have 100 mass I belive......
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Last edited: August 18, 2013
  5. Miaku

Miaku New Member

I also was messing around with the hybrid biome glitch. I think the metal/earth mix looks kinda cool - like Oxide said, it makes it look like the planet has been long abandoned. Hahaha. 2013-08-17_00001.jpg 2013-08-17_00002.jpg 2013-08-17_00004.jpg
    skintkingle, oxide246 and lorddavian like this.
  6. Moranic

Moranic Member

Oh wow that planet looks awesome! Uber should most definately look into combining planet types once the game is in a later stage!
  7. kryten42

kryten42 Member

Strange then, I just reinstalled and suddenly the AI is building stuff again.
  8. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

Nice update! Somehow I knew metal spots would have a start icon in this update. with the system editor and multiple planets we're coming closer to orbital stuff. The AI changes are also great, it looks like they attack properly now. Can't wait for more!
  9. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's just mean you started new game on new map with new random seed. Server have no idea where is client installed ;)
  10. Artamentix

Artamentix Member

The hybrid planet glitch is just the system editor creating two different planets of the same radius on top of each other right? Rebuilding etc just creates new planet at the same location, you can move them around when back in the system editor.
    infuscoletum likes this.
  11. infuscoletum

The system editor is too much fun :D
  12. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

:cool:Damn I got 10 planets orbiting around the sun, can't get them to collide though, some planets spawn together when you got that many, a pair of blobs. They just circle around each other. Not using to much ram on my sytem to generate that many planetoids.

Attached Files:

13. infuscoletum

RAM use greatly depends on the size of planets you generate. Made the mistake of generating a 100 radius planet after I already had 4 or 5 genned. Sent most of my system into swap. :eek: Normally around 30% of my 8gbs is taken up with idle background stuff. After closing pa (it didn't crash!) I had 10% in use. And none of the background stuff died either :D
  14. skintkingle

skintkingle New Member

Oh my god that is BEAUTIFUL. Now i REALLY want this.
  15. Miaku

Miaku New Member

I believe so.
  16. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

Can't play anymore since build 52168. Game crashes if I try to create a custom game. Never had that problem before.
  17. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

sounds like a slowpoke game server. Happens once in a while. Sometimes it's pretty bad and you need a while, but it works in the end?
  18. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

What kind of planets are you trying to create (Size, biome, etc)?
  19. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

First I didn't changed anything. I used my saved planet from the build before. So I thought maybe that is the problem. So, I've tested a random generated planet. But it doesn't work either. Then I deleted all saved planets and generated a normal one. Doesn't work.

Every time I click on "custom" game and start the game, I can read: "Login_accepted". Right after that comes the error message "PA.exe doesn't work anymore" and then the game crashes.
  20. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Thanks Rorschach.. We're investigating, though nothing should have changed, so I'm a little bit concerned that it may be corruption in the localstore.