PA Alpha Build: 50742

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, July 16, 2013.

1. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

The planet editor is awesome, can't wait till I can roll some tanks across my own planet :D

Gotta give a "respect" shout for the Ai also.

Attached Files:

2. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Our first build with AI had an immediate build and bomb, rather than the current 3.5 minute delay. You should have heard me cussing at Sorian about having my base being bombed indiscriminately. It was pretty funny.
  3. superouman

superouman Post Master General

I don't know if i will have the time to play a game again, the planet editor is too epic for my eyes and my brain to handle. *shakes in excitement*
  4. sneakyness

sneakyness Member

The planet editor is lovely!!! Oh I can't wait for multi-planet games :)

I've been getting some sporadic (often reproducible) UI flickering when trying to capture the game with OBS.
  5. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Seeing you repeatedly bombed was awesome. :)

Also, it is a 4 minute delay.
  6. garat

Ah, I thought you had gone with somewhere in the three minute mark. Either way. It makes it a bit easier to not get bombed in 10 seconds this way. :)
  7. mabono5

mabono5 Member

I have to say, that AI is relentless. When I first played with it, I wasn't sure what to expect, so it took me a while to understand it and eventually got a good defense up. Next time I will know what to do to counter it within 4 minutes :p

Great start! I have not been able to use the planet editor successfully yet but I'll try again later.

Thanks!
  8. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Can't find anything different number-wise on this...... care to reveal????!! :)
  9. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Garat was referring to time taken to build the factory, which is dependent on it's metal cost.

10. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Wow. Can't believe I missed that :( Night work, now ear infection. My mind is gone apparently :lol:

Anywho, back to editing my spreadsheet.......
  11. sneakyness

sneakyness Member

I've really been enjoying the storage buffs, the game feels a lot more refined now. The lasers are so pretty too :3

Will we ever see > 5 player FFA? I was trying to change the client side UI to enable it but no dice :cry:
  12. Sherrif

Sherrif Member

I am having my own issue with the editor, it seems that I can zoom out of the planet (as though I'm going to the system grid but it's just empty space) and then no matter which way I roll the wheel I can't get back into the SOI of the planet.

I would say that even if we don't get systems we can play in with the next update, I would like to be able to build our own system, including picking the star/stars. I haven't had much fun with the current editor because the planet disappears on load as though I zoomed out and can't find it in the vastness of space.
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I think you will see it when server side will be optimized enough for that.
  14. garat

Not something you can edit client side. If UberNet doesn't recognize the game mode, it won't allow it, even if you fake it into thinking locally it's ok. UberNet will say NO!!!! :)

It's coming, but it'll be a while. We have some big features to finish getting in first so we can work on a phase of tuning, polish and optimization. My hope is that by beta we can get at least 20 player games going (Unlikely you'll see 20 player ffa, but at least 10 player). That may be aggressive, but it is my hope.
  15. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Oh hell yes.
  16. sneakyness

sneakyness Member

I figured as much, it would still let me try to create a FFA game with 10 slots, but the lobby would always show five.

Do you guys ever do any local events in Seattle?? I live downtown!
  17. garat

We haven't yet, but I expect we will. We'll also likely be at PAX Prime, though not with our own booth. We'll announce where we're at soon, once we know it's all locked down.
  18. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

It's times like this I loathe being UK-bound. Unless Uber wants to get me some flights to come and see them because I'm awesome.
  19. whisperr

whisperr Member

Yeah, I'm awesome too :cool:
  20. stonesand

stonesand New Member

Yay PAX! I take my whole company there every year. I'd love to see a Uber PAX Party. I've always wanted to meet Mavor. :)