PA Alpha Build: 50742

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, July 16, 2013.

1. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

Linux 12.04 user here - Normally I try to be patient, but I haven't been able to run PA at all in weeks.

I've d/l 50742, and it tells me that I need to upgrade to ... 50742. So it lets me log in, but doesn't let me do anything. Nothing more I can do here. This is the newest version.

Also, there is a bug where a box appears around the cursor and shows something weird - either the desktop or something from a browser. It's unplayable like this.

And, can I stop having to type in a complex password each time I attempt to play? Remember/skip the login? Support copy/paste at least?
  2. jimosfear

jimosfear Member

We cannot play on the planets we just created... such a cock tease!
  3. mylon13

mylon13 New Member

Pretty sure you will have to do manual updates on linux and mac, linux/mac sub-forum will most likely hold the answer.
  4. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

Yeah, I did the manual update, and I haven't found anything on the non-win forum. I was really hoping the cursor issue would have been resolved in the next update.

Perhaps it's time to build a Win8 box and run 'em side by side.
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I don't have same problem on Ubuntu 13.04

If you skilled enough you can use some weird html/js hack. I'll post autologin fix when update it. ;)
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Can you post new thread on Linux forum? There is actually some fix for cursor issues, but I think we need to check/discuss it somewhere outside build discussion.
  7. doud

doud Well-Known Member

The planet editor is not Awesome :cry:
    It's just ******* AWESOME !!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  8. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

YOUR SIG. DAT GIF. IT'S EPIC!
  9. retrry

retrry Member

Yea, Linux needs a bit love...
    Otherwise - good update :)
  10. MajorCyto

MajorCyto New Member

Very nice on the update! Thanks for the planet editor, lava looks awesome. I also like the new format/layout of setting up a lobby etc.. drastic improvement.
  11. ramcat

ramcat New Member

Awesome update.
  12. doud

doud Well-Known Member

I love the new commander, looks like so massive :eek:

And ******* cheating AI spamming bombers all the time !!!! :lol:

This stuff is ******* uber awesome :shock:
  13. syox

syox Member

Good job Uber.
    Love the Big Planets. The bigger the better they look and feel more natural/real. I love how with hight range on max, i begin to see real Mountains. And they have the Mountain-Biome on Top.

And don't be so greedy with PC usage, let them have it :D

Uber you really are doing great. I allready convinced most of my starcraftclan to buy PA when they can avord it.
  14. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Still on the cutting edge of Operating System technology ;)

[​IMG]

Chronocam scrubbing is amazing!
  15. spookydonut

spookydonut Member

Love to see this sort of thing continue into other areas.
  16. glinkot

glinkot Active Member

Some nice updates in this build. I do however find new issues I'd never seen:

- Significant server lag, even very early on. Periods of 5+ seconds with no server updates and then the commander jumps to the next building which is already half done by this point.

- Flickering of terrain; it looks like large angular 'tiles' of the terrain flicker black for a split second during panning/zooming

- The commander used to be a little reluctant to walk over to a building or unit when told to assist it. Now it's very reluctant - I'd say it's worked 20% of the time. Instead you must walk him to within range, and then click assist and he'll do it.

- The AI will be great, but for now it'd be nice if you had a switch to stop it filling all empty slots. I'll start an FFA 3 person match, end up with only 2, and then one person tends to get bombed a lot by the AI while the other is spared.

I'll log these in the tracker if they aren't already there.

Re: the twitter teaser from mscattergood about orbital units in the next build - are they hiding there somewhere? I still see units on the sun so the 'separation of the planets' work still seems to be pending.
  17. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I think it's good to idea to add hardware and drivers information to signature, so developers can check OS-drivers specific.

On windows with latest Catalyst I got texture flickering and bugs, on Linux with old fglrx I got no textures at all (FS#1754) sometime, with new fglrx I can't fight vsync yet. But on open source there is only problems with icons, sun shader and performance, everything else work really great.
  18. Daddie

Daddie Member

Thats called teamwork :mrgreen:
  19. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

The planet editor is awesome, can't wait till I can roll some tanks across my own pl
  20. Z3K0N15

Z3K0N15 Active Member

excellent,have been waiting and now its finally here :D great work guy's.Another sleepless night :D