PA Alpha Build 50355

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, July 3, 2013.

1. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Like "Over Crude Water"?
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

You see it with every game you play. Planets start out as empty sphere models, then various 3D objects are added (mountains) or subtracted (chasms) from the model (You can see the terrain pieces by opening the relevant .papa files in Blender). For now, these are your average basic terrain features: mountains, mesas, chasms, ice bergs etc., but the possibility for modding is fairly cool. City planets for example look to be very doable with raised highways and fighting across multiple levels, street by street combat between skyscrapers and more :D
  3. pizwitch

pizwitch Active Member

The game should automatically fade out the tall objects that are hiding camera view, so we could create giant skyscrapers (and put a lot of them). :]
  4. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Noooo, why was that removed? It just needed to be smaller, but didn't need to be removed.
  5. macbernick

macbernick New Member

I can't wait playing this build, things seem to take really good shape.
  6. hygieia

hygieia New Member

Same as other comment.

I couldn't give any build orders for either commander, fab unit or factory most of the times.
    Even move orders were usually not working. Never had this happen before this patch.
  7. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

It seems the shift-key option sometimes gets stuck.

Have tried pressing shift multiple times while deselecting units? It fixed the issue for me (until it appeared again ofc :) ).
  8. zGeneral

zGeneral Member

I had the same problem but then I realized that the build UI was actually selected but no wireframe was drawn on the map. but if you click the commander, he will build a transparent building!
  9. Dylex

Dylex New Member

AWESOME! This is developing fast. It would be great to see some performance issues fixed, just to make it a little more playable?
  10. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

the booleon system is used in planet generation, yes, but I don't see it being used IN GAME yet. Nukes should be taking out chunks of planet, and artillery should make pock-mark craters. Currently the only environment destruction is a scorch mark texture that gets stamped on all over the place.
  11. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

Either T2 bombers need less power or commanders need A LOT more health, 4-5 t2 bombers took out 2 commanders in the space of 5 minutes in my game earlier.
  12. castortroy99

castortroy99 New Member

Some weird things in this build. Performance seems much worse, almost unplayable. The pathing was screwed up, commander wouldn't accept my orders and armies would move in very weird long lines in a round a about way. The mouse cursor kept getting locked to and I couldn't deselect units without hitting escape. Hoping for the next patch to come in soon!
  13. bh18

bh18 Member

Okay I'm kinda excited about the new build but I have this through steam so how do I update it?
  14. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Shutdown steam, and relaunch it. That should do it.
  15. sput42

sput42 New Member

I would hope that the shortcuts for team chat and public chat are going to be reversed. The "normal" way to chat in-game will be with your teammates, so it should be the easy one to reach. For public chat, you should be needing the shift key then.

Otherwise, accidentally spilling your sekrit strategies for everyone to see would be too easy...
  16. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

Or maybe you need air defenses. T2 bombers are designed for snipes of poorly guarded high value targets. They are countered by widely spaced air defenses, or a screen of fighters, both of which are T1. If you don't have either by the time your enemy has T2 bombers, then you have lost the game fair and square.
  17. FunkOff

FunkOff Member

In a previous match I've seen single T2 bombers 1-shot battleships. I am of the opinion this is sub-optimal.
  18. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Especially because those were MY battleships. :cry:

Although you imo can't take their damage to ships as a balance things. Ships in general seem to be made of paper and they've still a lot to do on the naval aspect of the game (as they've said themselves).
  19. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Even t1 bombers do that job. Ships are just generally so unfinished that there is no point in talking about their current form.
  20. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Keep in mind.. mid to late game, the commander is not expected to be real strong. If you have advanced bombers or artillery pelting your commander, you've probably already lost. ;-)