PA Alpha Build 50355

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, July 3, 2013.

1. mylon13

mylon13 New Member

just played a 3v3v3, and it feels so much more balanced.

Commander suicides early in game, have to be well thought out now otherwise you won't make it into someones base.

Metal is gonna be what the main fighting early game is all about :D

Looks like pathing of units is fixed. (need more testing to give a definite yes/no on it)

Found some new glitches, testing further to see if I can reproduce them.

Either way, great update, no weird crashes yet :D
  2. deso88

deso88 Member

Maybe and why not.
  3. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Can confirm fix.
  4. jacoby6000

jacoby6000 Member

.NET, but close I guess... Launchers really don't take too long. It was probably less than a days work for the uber team
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

@jacob: that's a known bug.
    The 3v3v3 ended with black turteling like crazy. Walls made of t2 turrets, wtf. I guess with a ton of mex on one spot and another team to draw attention turtles can still exist.
  6. mylon13

mylon13 New Member

good teammates, properly drawing attention will do it either way :)

Gotta say though... usually my teammates take out the enemy before I get a real chance to turtle :( building proper eco takes some time now.
  7. infuscoletum

Advanced Sea Metal Extractors still cost 4500. They produce the correct 28 metal tho. Figured this didn't need it's own ticket:

Attached Files:

8. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Still looking forward to UI for build queues and such. Possibly outlines for building placement, although I'm not sure how that would work with the spherical setup.

Love the metal spots though! A little hard to see but nice progress.
    Last edited: July 3, 2013
  9. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Very nice! Left shift for team chat.:)
  10. glinkot

glinkot Active Member

Just had a quick game, looks great. Couple of points:

- Now metal points matter it'd be great to let T2 fabbers 'build on top of' T1 Mexes. Now you have to reclaim/blow up, then remember to come back and get it to build the T2.

- I Like the way the metal spots are 'clumped' a bit to create focal points for battles. Some settings on the procedural generator would be nice in this area.

- I'll log it, but I find often if you're holding shift when giving an order to a unit (and they happen to have no current task), they ignore that order.
  11. RainbowDashPwny

RainbowDashPwny Active Member

Just tried to get into a match via quick match. It just spins and never puts me in a match. It has been over 10 minutes and I am not even in an empty lobby.

Steam, version 50355.
  12. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Whenever you see that, double check your preferred region, and exit out of the client and then come back in. It should never spin that long. Though, for matchmaking, may simply be no matchmaking at the moment.. you can always host a match instead and wait for folks to join.
  13. Supermap

Supermap New Member

Awesome... gonna try it right now.

Only thing that i may not like too much is the fact that the cmmander radar was removed. i believe it was a nice mechanic and prevented early commander rushes without you noticing it since it is mostly useless in late game.

About that... one cool unit that could be added would be a radar car. you could take it with your army and maybe give you a little bit of intel on the attack
  14. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

yes plz on the radar car

Recon ATV would be awesome

little robo-quad ripping around all terrain like a boss
  15. infuscoletum

were they assisting another unit/structure? Assist command never ends (or something like that) so the next command queued up with shift never gets gotten to. :(

Edit: next time that happens, hit caps lock, and see if the assist icon appears underneath another unit. Then give em a non shifted move command and see if it disappears. This kindof assumes that you don't have multiple units assisting one tho.
  16. sneakyness

sneakyness Member

I've been having a lot of my attempted building queue orders get cancelled if they are next to other buildings, especially metal extractors.

On longer games, once there are a ton of scorch marks on the ground, they start flickering/disappearing and the game slows down a wee bit.

Great work though, seeing the build by build progress is really neat :3

Edit: A bigger planet would be awesome ;)
    Last edited: July 3, 2013
  17. Ralith

Ralith Member

I keep losing the ability to give orders. Every click I make gives this weird "bloomp" noise and nothing happens, or the order gets delayed by a long time, or something. Sometimes it fixes itself, more often I have to restart the client, and then often the client crashes on reconnect. In particular, when this is happening I can't deselect units.

Edit: It looks like double click is being interpreted as a sticky shift key or something? Tapping shift seems to un-break everything and double clicking breaks it again (usually).
  18. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

Just played a game of the new build and it was a TON more fun with the metal spots forcing expansion

When UI gets polished up I hope you go with overlaid hologram design. Like, if you had some sort of sick radar ATV that could sense metal and project pixelated glowing machine view overlaid as beacons

Thing Dead Space UI, where everything was projected from the actual machinery in-game

Main feature I'm looking forward to is terrain destruction/deformation. I don't seem to see that booleon system that Neutrino blogged about in action. Looking forward to that more than the interplanetary or orbital stuff, actually.

It's like Christmas every week with this game
  19. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Search for previous posts of people threatening to dump this game if stream mandatory. That and modifying.

So the minecraft reasons...
  20. zGeneral

zGeneral Member

"* Metal spots are now required! There is currently no option to turn these off, but it's a requirement to balance the game"

I am going to miss Metal maps.
    can we have "Metal Heck" maps early enough during alpha. make it a possibility in the planet generation routine.

I do not mind having water on it too!, I wounder how it will look like!