PA Alpha Build: 49499

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 14, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Current Build: 49499
    Date: June 13th, 2013
    Platforms: Windows 64-bit ONLY currently. We're working hard to get other platforms up and running, and 32-bit versions out as well, but as of today, we don't have clients we can provide for those platforms. XP is NOT supported, and likely will not be. There are .NET dependencies and a number of other issues with this now 13 year old legacy OS that make it almost impossible to support.

Build 49499:
    More mouse lock / side scroll options
    A lot of random, behind the scenes fixes
    Units should stop falling through the ground!
    Additional fixes for building on factories acting weird
    More pathing fixes
    New art for sea mine and regular and advanced torpedo launchers
    Bombers should now acquire targets at sea automatically, not just on land
  2. felipec

felipec Active Member

Yeah! awesome
  3. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Should air fabbers be fixed now for everyone? If so i'll take the notice down on the bug tracker.

(They're working for me)
  4. garat

Yes, they should be fixed. So they should be closable, but IF you still see buildings falling through the planet, etc, please let us know immediately. Cause that stuff ain't cool. :)
  5. ticklemeelmo

ticklemeelmo Member

I really appreciate that you guys are pumping out these builds to us so fast. I was expecting one every week. This is amazing.
  6. garat

I was just joking to some others in the office: "Don't get use to it". If we keep pushing stuff out at this rate, I'll have a heart attack. ;-)

Some weeks, you might see three or four new builds come out. Sometimes, when we are working on huge new systems, you might not see a new build for two weeks. It's going to be really varied.

But near term, you'll probably see new builds more often as we just get some of the easiest to find (and fix) crashes, bugs and other problems.
  7. nickste88

nickste88 Member

Still i realy like that you guys are realy showing that you are doing your best, its realy rare that a game compony is being so close to the comunity. So must say that i am glad i suported you guys please keep it up :D
  8. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Damn Uber, what are you eating for breakfast every morning, so that you can churn out patches over patches everyday! This is crazy awesome!
  9. duncane

duncane Active Member

Any ETA on doing something about mass points?
  10. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

They tend not to do ETA's. Particularly for specific features. They only cause grief.

It'll come "soon" though, don't worry. ;)
  11. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Its pretty amazing at which rate you are putting out updates. I think once every week or so would be fine :) but hey, im not gonna complain about updates every day hehe.

Haha i remember the first time my Commander walked around a big building then disappeared, turns out he walked into the ground :p Stealth commander!.
    Last edited: June 14, 2013
  12. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

They didn't listen to you.

You are just reseting them every second or so, but still got a few units which are constantly moving upwards (while the nose is facing downwards), just to be pulled onto ground once per second.

Also got a number of verhicles, which are now hovering right above a factory. Sure, they are not exactly flying, but they are not staying on the floor either.
  13. bobc7

bobc7 New Member

I just had the best, longest, most intense battle. I'm getting the same TA rush only i"m a lot older. Please don't add any more to the game, enough! my old ticker won't handle it. Most bug free experiencve so far. Well done! :geek:
  14. SirChristoffee

SirChristoffee Member

Can you provide any update on how a fix for the buildings having no collision with each other bug is coming along? Is this something you guys are working on currently/intermittently or is your focus currently on other bugs?

Relevant bug tracker task
  15. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

This suggests a possible client-side issue: the client things the units are going into the ground or air, but the server doesn't and keeps updating the client with their correct possition.
  16. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

More likely a combination. The units are not aligned with the terrain, and the client gets a movement vector from the server which makes them move upwards. Using the chronocam doesn't fix the behavior, so it's a repeatable misinformation distributed by the server.
  17. JamaicanPotato

JamaicanPotato Member

The more builds the less bugs, keep em coming :)
  18. xenomorph113

xenomorph113 New Member

Hello there, not sure if this is a good spot to talk about a few things i noticed in 49499

1. subs spawn on top the the water, sometimes randomly explode, not really usable as of yet

2. placing buildings on trees/rocks does not remove the trees/rocks

3. buildings can be built inside buildings if queued ex: i build an adv aircraft plant, but had previously queued a T2 defensive turret in the same spot, both were built

4. construction aircraft work correctly again, woot!

5. assist command for construction units no longer assists with targets build, ex: T2 bot building something, set a T1 boy to assist the T2 bot, he just follows and doesn't assist with building unless specifically told to build, which cancels the original assist command

6. underwater metal/mass deposits are more visible then previously

7. majority of units have stopped "falling" into the planet, few quirks with aircraft here and there

8. couldnt mouse to the north pole (top screen scrolling and arrow keys), planet stopped spinning just before pole, rest of the camera angles seem to work correctly

hope these few things help, pretty amazing how much the game has changed in the past week

:)
  19. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Heh, air units were fixed quick, I only updated to the previous build last night (alas, water polo training called me away from ze game).

Looking forward to a good weekend of PA (and I got access to this subforum, hoorah).
  20. dacite

dacite Member

DOW 2.

Never forget.