PA Alpha Build: 49455

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xanatosx

xanatosx Member

Made my day :D
  2. Cheeseless

Cheeseless Member

By the way. About people using edge scrolling. I find that edge scroling is very useful for extremely small pans, such as the one needed to just include one more unit in the camera view. However, this has so far been limited to being used in Starcraft 2, Age of Empires and League of Legends, since in stuff like SupCom and Total War I could just zoom out a bit more. I still find it useful to enlarge a selection in SupCom without changing zoom. Will your selection drag expand with edge scroll or move with it?
  3. Daddie

Daddie Member

/thread? :mrgreen:
  4. Vijar

Vijar New Member

Camera Pole Locking is great, but a pain when you start out at one of the poles. :D
  5. stonesand

stonesand New Member

@garat: Yes please, the ability to turn off the window constraint locking will be critical: I run a four monitor, three PC rig (using Synergy), and don't want to be stuck in the game. :)

@vijar: Maybe we need the ability to arbitrarily select your own pole? It turns out that sometimes we need to think of the enemy gate as being "down", and not out to the side: i.e. I like to control which way I scroll to reach the enemy base(s).
  6. ToastAndEggs

ToastAndEggs Member

Edge scroll is amazing, make it happen a bit faster after hitting edge and its PERFECT.

Also Pole Lock is really useful, after enabling it i haven't been disoriented once.
  7. suketchi

suketchi Member

You can make it faster with the "Key pan speed bar" in the settings. ;)
  8. ramcat

ramcat New Member

Many games let you selectively turn off window locking. How? By hitting Escape. When you hit Escape to bring up the menu, turn off window locking. Then I can click out to some anoying app and shut it down. When I click back in the game the menu (on the left) goes away and the mouse is relocked.

Wish I could point you to a game that does this well, but can't think of one.
  9. mzhg

mzhg Member

Actually, PA is already doing just that :)
  10. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

I'm afraid this build is way more buggy than any other I have seen so far. Remember, I'm not complaining, just listing bugs that I have encountered! :mrgreen:

Navy and air is very useless.
    Units get stuck in factories way more than before.
    Tier 1 air sometimes gets ignored by anti-air turrets and units.
    Builders often refuse to start building.
    If a group of units is not moving and you decide to move a unit near them, they will often get stuck in between each other until you manually move the group of units.

I will search for these in the bug tracker and hopefully it gets fixed by the next build!
  11. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Concerning the edge scrolling, i personally already got used use arrow keys to navigate, it now feels weird to move the camera with the mouse.
    And since there isn't a lot to do with the keyboard (compared to other rts games)

What about adding a keyboard shortcut in the factories to order unit production
    (azerty keyboard)
    w: first unit from the left (usually the builder)
    x: second unit
    c: third unit
    etc...

I choosed this line in the keyboard because it doesn't have any overlapping army keyboard shortcuts such as A(attack) S(stop)
  12. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Build 49499 released!

UberLauncher still doesn't elevate automatically for me :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.