Other ways to donate money?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by rick104547, August 24, 2012.

1. rick104547

rick104547 Member

Any other way to donate money than the ones i see on kickstarter? I want to donate but i only got maestro.
  2. mrwonko

mrwonko Member

You can donate via Paypal on planetaryannihilation.com if you can't use Kickstarter - otherwise Kickstarter is to be preferred, since Paypal donations won't count towards the Kickstarter goal or any of the stretch goals. That is mentioned on the Kickstarter page though so I don't know if you meant that as well when you said "other than what I see on Kickstarter".
  3. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

The likely result is that Uber will create a smurf account to donate all of the money generated from PayPal, so it will still count (if I'm right).
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

That would only make sense, if the project should stay below its goal.
    If it reaches its goal anyway, it would only increase the amount of money they lose to kickstarter-fees.
  5. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

Very true, and they can still count the PayPal money toward stretch goals. They're probably only going to smurf exactly as much as they (might) need to.
  6. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

As mentioned by others, we take donations via PayPal as well via http://planetaryannihilation.com/ (and yes you'll get access to the same rewards available backing via Kickstarter).

Paypal donations do count towards stretch goals, but that number won't be visible to users until after the Kickstarter finishes. Showing the two numbers on the Kickstarter page would just lead to unnecessary confusion.

As far as "smurfing", there aren't any plans to do so to just bump the visible number to appease a stretch goal as it would mean we'd actually loose some of that Paypal money to Kickstarter fees. We don't need Kickstarter to do the math for us to see if we're over the stretch goal. :)
  7. acey195

acey195 Member

Woot, my 50$ not in vain XD, thinking about another 50, 3 BD presents.
  8. rick104547

rick104547 Member

Great but i didnt had paypal so its still taking me some days to set that up :) (actualy the first time iam gonna to a payment by using internet normaly i do it in rl xd).

I really dont think they even have to smurf i mean just look at how far we are already. 99,999% chance that we get more than 900000.