Orbital Idea

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by zurginator, June 8, 2014.

1. zurginator

zurginator Member

Alright so I haven't thought this through very much, and it could be a bad idea, but I figured I would post it here and get a discussion going.

As it currently stands, Orbital handles much like Air did before the AA bot buff. This is to say the only effective way of countering Orbital is to build more Orbital Fighters than the next guy. So I got to thinking of ways to differentiate the feel of Orbital with something other than "build more of the same thing" as a defense.

What if there were no Orbital-to-Orbital defenses? The only way to defend against an orbital invasion would be via Ground-to-Orbital turrets or vehicles (we would of course need some options), which would make Orbital feel quite different, and play off the fact that the only way to make an agile orbital fighter would be massive amounts of jets, which isn't as feasible as building AO tanks.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well we do already have pretty powerful ground - orbital cannons (the Umbrella if you didn't know it).

Personally I don't think orbital is that bad, I mean you can lock down an area with Umbrellas + Anchors quite easily.