Opera 10

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, September 11, 2009.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Just wanted to let you guys know about the new version of Opera in case you are interested: http://www.opera.com/

Fastest browser there is afaik and has some extremely awesome features like speed dial, mouse gestures, online bookmark sync, full email support (yeah, thats right, forget Outlook), RSS feed reader, notepad, IRC... I could go on for hours.

I got the tip back in the day from a fellow admin and never looked back at IE or Fx. Firefox is a great browser but so slooooow.

Anyway, give Opera a try, its free and you can import all your old bookmarks easily.
  2. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

All the comparisons I've seen shows that Chrome is faster than Opera.
  3. Col_Jessep

Chrome is spyware, Im not even allowed to use it at work.
  4. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

lol. Nazi IT staff?

that said, you might want to look at Iron instead.
  5. Col_Jessep

Thank you, I work in the IT department... :)

I fully support this decision however. When it comes to IT security the question is not if you are paranoid but if you are paranoid enough!

Iron is probably a very good alternative but it lacks some of the features I love so much in Opera. like speed dial, couldnt live without it anymore. There is a plugin for Fx but it is extremely slow. :/

PS: So far I like Iron, it seems to be faster and it has something similar to speed dial (but only 8 thumbs, I have 20/24 in Opera :( )