on umbrella and anchor total area builds

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by toric55, July 3, 2014.

1. toric55

toric55 Member

ok, first off, ill say that I'm not sure whether this should go in the bug section or here. I'm pretty sure it goes here, because its more the lack of a mechanic rather than one not working. my problem is that when you try to area build anchors or umbrellas all around the planet at once, (and i get that you don't usually do that, but I'm a moon turtler.) one of two things happens, depending on the planets size.
    1. the only cover one hemisphere.
    when you do the area build past the planets horizon, it is supposed to do that area build across the whole planet, right? well, in this case, not really. it seems to happen more on larger planets, while no. 2 happens more on moons.
    2. weird tightly packed circle formation on opposite side of the planet.
    while i get why this is happening, (build order just spaces them evenly from starting point.) it sill becomes very annoying, especially since i can't cancel individual building plans.
    anyway, i think that a solution for both of these problems would be to detect when the player wants a global build and them optimize a formation to achieve total coverage with the fewest buildings. or you could even implement this into the existing area command, enabling it to build around existing buildings in your base? (another annoyance with area build.)
    meir22344 and gtf50 like this.
  2. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Area builds have limits sometimes. Like storages do not go all around the world. There cycle has a limit. I'm guessing both of those have limits too. Lines seem to be infinite for the sake as far as you can drag them.... but metal extractors is the only circle area build I think that can get a whole planet
  3. toric55

toric55 Member

you talking about how it does not go all the way around? ill have to try to find if that is so on a larger planet. (less curve, can see if limit exists, or it just wont drag all the way round on planets.)