Ok, this is rediculous

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bradkill, March 18, 2016.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Elodea forgot to say, you also need to be sure that you have the latest version of WinZip so that the game can properly extract the bigger system files.
    Last edited: March 19, 2016
    vackillers and cptconundrum like this.
  2. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

I think they should reduce the planet limit to 8, since 16 is far too many, and 8 if half of 16.
    The maximum radius of planet orbits also need to be reduce by half to reduce transit times between planets.

This will give much better games that are less confusing and you may even be able to finish a game before crashing the server, or falling asleep while your Com jumps between two distant gas planets for the twenty 1st time.
    ace63 and tunsel11 like this.
  3. bradkill

bradkill Member

O. Any mods required for that? Also how do i make sure my drivers are updated, And from what I have seen "Adobe acrobat reader" is a payed software ):
    BTW this limit im talking about is when you start a game; I can manually load all the 24 planets in the editor, but when I try and start a game with that system, It says that the max is 16 :/
  4. bradkill

bradkill Member

I personally enjoy longer, more planet, games.
    It's fun having to multitask on 10 different areas on different planets at once and than completly obliterate the enemy with an annihalaser.
  5. bradkill

bradkill Member

Can someone just tell me every single requirement i should try and meet up too? And how much in total that will cost? (also im thinking about getting titans)
  6. mwreynolds

7. bradkill

bradkill Member

8. mwreynolds

9. bradkill

bradkill Member

10. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I don't think the genesis mod works any more, but it wouldn't have done what you wanted in any case. All that mod did was perform some calculations to convert polar coordinates into Uber's cartesian coordinates, allowing more precise and accurate control over the shapes of orbits.
  11. Abaddon1

Abaddon1 Active Member

Pretty sure most computers are good at sudoku. Even the hard ones are pretty easy to brute force.

I think you meant seppuku which is very very different.
  12. Abaddon1

Abaddon1 Active Member

Acrobat Reader is freeware with limited features. Adobe Acrobat is the one you have to pay for.
  13. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Whoosh
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  14. mwreynolds

15. bradkill

bradkill Member

16. cptconundrum

Acrobat is paid software, Acrobat Reader is free. Adobe gets an A++ for the way they name things.
    mwreynolds likes this.
  17. xankar

xankar Post Master General

My credible source of IT tells me that installing Adobe Reader tends to solve any and every problem you may or may not have for any piece of software and/or hardware.

http://imgur.com/gallery/iJD8f
    dom314, stuart98 and elodea like this.
  18. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

What happen to elmo? Was he a witch?
  19. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

I have no idea what's going on other than people talking about adobe reader. I personally use foxit reader. Freeware and in my opinion it is leagues better.

Again I have not read every post so I don't know why we are talking about PDF files, but that's the software I use anyway.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  20. cptconundrum

Foxit is ok for what most people want, but PA uses OpenGL so you're really going to want Acrobat to enhance the backward compatibility of the database.
    killerkiwijuice, elodea and stuart98 like this.