Official Build 49186: June 8th, 2013

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vosco88

vosco88 New Member

Singleplayer is disabled for the moment for everyone.

You can however play against AI (sort of :) ).

Hit Ubernet Games -> Create a new game -> imediately hit Ready. This will create new game with your and three AIs.
  2. Shozamar

Shozamar New Member

Ah thankyou. :D
  3. lemonrev

lemonrev New Member

When do you expect to have 32 bit version of this game to come out in the laucher ? do we have to wait another week to give this game a test.

Useing xp because of the power of the ms crap thats the platform its been developed for first ?,

I know theres a hell of a lot of bugs still being uncovered and whatnot but are you going to wait till all bugs that have been found on the windows 7 front been completely squashed before we of the older operating systems be able to test this game ?.
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Actually, there's no plans for Windows XP support. From viewtopic.php?f=61&t=47371, "Windows XP is not supported. If you want to play PA, it’s time to upgrade to a newer OS."
  5. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

As noted, 32-bit support in your case will not be the biggest problem. XP is not supported. It is a not-insubstantial development effort to get modern games working in XP, and for an OS that will not be supported after next year, we decided we had to draw a line on how far back we support.
  6. lemonrev

lemonrev New Member

7. ferrat70

ferrat70 New Member

That being said, just because XP isn't supported doesn't necessarily mean it won't work :p

But I would have thought only business would still be on XP
  8. slev01

slev01 New Member

I changed over from XP to 7 specifically for PA! Honestly, XP did everything I needed it to, why would I bother mucking about?

And even now, Win7 won't do everything I want it to, so I have a virtual XP installation running the rest for me!
  9. lemonrev

lemonrev New Member

I dont use windows 7 because of all the rubbish thats inside that rubbish os, but its way way better than windows 8, I still use xp because i dont wish to upgrade if i dont need to. And games like this are trying to force my hand to upgrade well then F them, honistly i use an os such as xp because i can do everything that i need to do. windows 7 is going to be my big upgrade next time i buy a new computer which god knows when that will happen but it will and as it stands unless mirco crap pulls its fingers out of you know where then windows 7 will be the next xp in terms of operating systems because you have to do so in order to get the drivers working for the latest gear also it can handle more memory woopy wooo, oh the bloat where on that dang os god dont make me go on about that even if you can turn that dang stuff off.

I am a user that I belive is still the majority of those that do not wish to upgrade untill they really have to.

Its a shame such a great game is going to be so restricted by the latest os and stuff because they dont want to make a little ajustment to there main file to bring happyness to those that backed there game and those that could play that game if it can handle such thngs.

Now if the game such as pa eventually needs more ram than xp could ever give it then ill be happy with the explanation of such an excuse as it needs window 7 windows 8 to work.
  10. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Why do you think we don't yet support 32bit even on Win 7? Two weeks ago I was worried the 4GB RAM limit might not be high enough. Some last minute optimizations helped bring memory usage down considerably, but we're still just on one planet.
  11. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

:roll:

If it were that simple, they would. I doubt they have anything personal against Windows XP.
  12. paulusss

paulusss Active Member

You can better upgrade now, because you are going to walk against this wall mutch often now that windows XP isn't officialy supported, and new games mostly use 4Gig or more + the fact that if you buy a new computer you will mostly be stuck with Windows 8 already, so it's either this or that, what will you choose?
  13. lemonrev

lemonrev New Member

I choose to see if ms does pull its finger out of you know where, However... If this game is like what the site admin has just said that the game uses 4 gig already just on 1 planet then i would hate to see this game run completely with everything running, but i think theres a few tricks that might be done to ease the memory use. but the game is in alpha I understand this.

Memory can be problimatic, But if you look at what you have on screen compared to what has come out for xp / windows 7 and other os's in the past this game should run being fully optimized. Now that being said There Hasnt been anything said on the laucher that the memory useage is the cause of going to windows 7.

Enough....

If i buy a new pc and it has win 8 i will just smash that hard drive put a brand new one in and install a proper version of win 7 pro which i plan to get when i have the dang money for it. so i dont have to pay for 300$ os which i think is far too much for anything else out there. So get a ligit system and start working on what the hell i can and cant do with that silly os that i have heard soo much trouble with soo many old / new games.

All i need to know right now is that this game is not going to touch xp so be it. i have at this time wasted my money all i can do is watch others on the tubes and watch the game develop over time.

Good luck to urber and there game. I wish i could play now but that is not the case.

Maybe keep a pin on a thread that you can keep locked to inform those of the specs the current version needs ?.
  14. ferrat70

ferrat70 New Member

Try Win8, it does less lol Although I am getting used to it once you hack it back to 7 :p

Lemonrev- It 'may' still work, once they get a win32 out. (Unless the OS block but I doubt it) So hold on and wait and see. They may not support it, but it may yet still work.

Saw this a mile away, 4gb was really gonna stretch, but I think it could be done.

As someone who is studying game programming as we speak, there is a limit to what you can optimise. But I agree wholeheartedly, it would never have been personal, just that so few gamers are still on XP, most 'casual' gamers would have a new laptop to play it on. Progress waits for no man.

Still amazed at what Uber is doing, so far its quite fun to watch the development cycle. I am learning heaps from it, and thats just watching updates lol
  15. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

From what Uber have said, Windows XP lacks some .NET framework dependancies, so just releasing a 32 bit build wont help.
  16. irregularprogramming

irregularprogramming Member

Windows 7 is a way better operating system than XP, what is it that you use that doesn't work on seven anyway?
  17. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

Since the Steam release is in two days are we likely to see a new bug fix release fixing some of the rather urgent issues?
  18. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

"Urgent" is relative in alpha ;)

Not looking forward to the duplicate soup that will appear in the bug tracker when the steam alpha starts. :(
  19. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I wonder how many will people will actually join in from steam.
  20. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

Urgent is more urgent when you are about to open up the Alpha on the biggest download store for PC games on the net.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.