Official Build 49186: June 8th, 2013

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferrat70

ferrat70 New Member

Amazing you are working on the weekend :), so far enjoying everything you are doing.

Except one small part :p its hampering my progress on my c++ Framework assignment lol
  2. JamaicanPotato

JamaicanPotato Member

Haven't tried out the latest build but from what i have read this has made the game incredibly more enjoyable just from a small amount of fixes.

Eagerly awaiting the next build, proud to be part of this :)
  3. slev01

slev01 New Member

Definitely a lot more stable, and a massive improvement on path-finding.This is improving at an unbelievable rate!
  4. rocket859

rocket859 New Member

Build on a Saturday, holy poop! Working on the weekends, and very hard at that... When do you all sleep?
  5. pizwitch

pizwitch Active Member

Maybe Garat hasn't slept for months... :D
  6. xcupx

xcupx Member

Wow! this build made some huge improvements! The pathing improvements made my weekend!!! :D
  7. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

In the next build, pls fix the Main Menu non-functionality.
  8. pizwitch

pizwitch Active Member

The T1 missile towers are so useless now. What a nerf. xD
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Useless vs air?
    They are supposed to be useless vs ground.
  10. cobycohodas

cobycohodas Member

Maybe there could be a "feature tracker" like there is a "bug tracker"

People can post feature requests and other people can vote etc. If it is something that UBER has tried and disliked they can cross it out.
  11. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Just tried out a game, pathing is much better around shores! I didn't look too much for the stuff around buildings but nothing got stuck.

Good patch, and on a saturday too!
  12. PringleMan

PringleMan Member

I would actually rather see the missile towers launch a ton of missiles and do little damage per missile than see a couple of missiles that do lots of damage.

A lot of missile streaming out looks cooler, besides which they ARE missile racks, rather than a missile tube. The model suggests mass firing.

Just a personal thought. What do you guys think?
  13. stonesand

stonesand New Member

The Nerf on those towers was essential - the balance was so off, I find it hard to have a meaningful game!

@pringleman I hear you about the model, but I prefer the infrequent but more powerful missile. I prefer this because it's more like TA's T1 AA tower.
  14. ceunexus

ceunexus New Member

Maybe the missile tower should be AA only. And in that case, I would prefer a high fire with lower damage.
  15. PringleMan

PringleMan Member

Well yea, it is an AA tower according to its tooltip. I think it would make more sense to have a dedicated ground and a dedicated air tower, it forces you to be more strategic with your towers rather than just spamming one that can do both. Even if they do a lot less damage, if you have 20 of them that can handle air AND ground it is still gonna be pretty lethal. Instead if you have 20 dedicated ground towers, aircraft will go right over, or if you have 20 dedicated air towers ground will roll right through.

Am I making sense?

Either way it was just a suggestion on style, super low priority.
  16. stonesand

stonesand New Member

Good points! In TA, your AA towers were weak against land, but had superior range. Your anti-land laser towers could also hit low flying aircraft. Both were pretty versatile, but clearly focused on one class of combatant.
  17. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

I'll probably get a running post going that keeps track of latest and previous patches, though still trying to figure out the best format. Probably will be a week or so, so if anyone has any brilliant ideas, don't be shy about telling me. Still focused on a lot of other things, but I know this is handy information. :)
  18. eyecu247

eyecu247 Member

You could use Google Apps docs, or spreadsheets... and possibly the forms app.

Use forms to update a spreadsheet, and than publish the spreadsheet to the forum post. Updates to the spreadsheet will occur instantly and you will only need to refresh the page to load the new sheet.
    Don't even have to use the form and just update the same sheet manually...
    Lots of ways and options with all the scripting you can use too.

BTW, this new build hasn't crashed on me once. last build crashed a few times almost every game (and I just kept jumping back into the game).
  19. glinkot

glinkot Active Member

Hi Garat,

The 'uservoice' site (https://www.uservoice.com) is nifty for capturing feature requests and letting each user allocate a limited number of votes to their most wanted features. It's free unless you want multiple uber people to have accounts (no need for that I'd say). MS use it for feature voting for their entity framework, this is what it looks like to users:

http://data.uservoice.com/forums/72025- ... uggestions

You can comment on status. When something a user voted for is flagged as implemented they get an email, and any votes they had allocated to the feature get freed up to vote for another.

Cheers
  20. Shozamar

Shozamar New Member

Sorry if I'm being idiotic by asking this question (I'm fairly certain I am), but is singleplayer supposed to be disabled in this version? When I open the alpha main menu, singleplayer is greyed out.

Usually I would assume that it's disabled purposefully until later, but from reading the feedback threads so far I'm getting the impression that everyone else may have access to it. I've been searching the forums for an answer to this but I've had no luck (which leads me to the conclusion that I'm being blind and idiotic).

Oh and I also feel I should mention I only just downloaded the alpha.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.