Official Build 49186: June 8th, 2013

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Build Notes 49186:

* Improved pathing near structures
    * Wreckage should no longer leave behind invisible pathing obstructions
    * Moving in and out of water much improved. Currently non-amphibious units can move through water, but it’s a step in the right direction.
    * Balance Updates
    * Mortar shells shouldn’t disappear before they have a chance of hitting their target
    * Different firing style for Advanced Assault Bots
    * Adjusted firing style, damage and splash for T2 artillery bot, the “Stomper”
    * T2 Energy Plant cost increased
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Mortar shells shouldn’t disappear before they have a chance of hitting their target:
    Lifetime: 2 -> 10 seconds.

T2 Artillery Bot (Stomper, 2 barrels):
    Damage: 250 -> 400
    Splash Damage: 250 -> 0
    Splash Radius: 2 -> 0
    Yaw Rate: 360 -> 90
    Pitch Rate: 360 -> 90
    Yaw Range: 40 -> 80
    Rate of Fire: 2 -> 1

T2 Assault Bot (Slammer):
    Damage: 30 -> 75
    Rate of Fire: 5 -> 2

T2 Energy Plant cost increased:
    Metal cost: 1800 -> 2700

Air Defense Tower:
    Rate of Fire: 125 -> 1
  3. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

damn you guys still working on the weedend you really need to go to bed
    you know Chris Taylor would play Total Annihilation on his laptop while in bed with his wife
  4. mancora

mancora Member

Reposting this here since the last official build thread was locked (and I posted about 1 minute before it was locked)

How about a page with a running changelog that would list historic changes and current ones? Maybe listed in a newest on top format? (hopefully I didn't miss this if it already exists)

As the number of fixes increase, I could see it being an issue to keep track of what has been tackled. A thread for each one is nice to comment on, but would be annoying to use to backtrack.
  5. qjake

qjake New Member

What?! New build on a Saturday?! You guys are awesome.
  6. PringleMan

PringleMan Member

I have added a critical bug to the bug tracker, do a hunt for it. Basically, I had an instance where all of my bots from an advanced bot factory were in the air and sideways. This was for the previous build though
  7. vertigohc

vertigohc New Member

You guys are really dedicated to release an update on the weekend.
  8. Sargeras77

Sargeras77 New Member

just a quick note with this build my client is seeming to run a little smoother (frame rates above 10!)

:)

Thank you!!!!!!

i7 920 @ 2.66
    GTX 275
    6gb ddr3 1600mhz
  9. legitlobster

legitlobster Member

You gentlemen are Gods of gaming.
    See you ingame. (This time no mercy for Garat).
  10. GoogleFrog

GoogleFrog Active Member

I think this is moving in the right direction but I don't see the use of balance changes before we have anything which would need balance. Especially with the economy change, the economy is completely wacked by the stackability of T1 mexes. It seems premature to balance the economy while a core mechanic, limited availability of extractors, has not been implemented.
  11. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Most of those balance changes right now are to fix bugs, remove odd behaviors that might look like bugs, and minor performance optimizations. The balancing of the metal economy is waiting on getting metal spots working properly which is not a balance issue, it's a game and engine feature issue.
  12. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I missed this change:

Commander death Nuke:
    Splash Radius: 25 -> 100
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

New Builds on the weekend?
    You guys are amazing. Make sure to get a day of rest at least on sunday, please :)

Now THAT is a nerf :lol:
  14. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I had to double check it because it didn't seem right :p
  15. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Yeah, that was either a typo or missed change from fire interval to shots per second.
  16. cola_colin

Should we btw report missing features that we really want somewhere?
    Cause I really want a loop function for factories :)

EDIT: the pathfinding improvements near water and near factories are awesome.
  17. lordmd

lordmd Member

I'm also interested in where to report or suggest missing features?

Bugs: Bug tracker
    Bigger suggestions / gameplay threads in one of the other forums and discussing ot there(where? Alpha forum, Backer or the open discussion forum?)

But what about smaller stuff like that what ColaColin suggested? Maybe just make a small thread here in Alpha forums? I think espially stuff like that and small UI suggestions don't need to be talked about with all the forum users in open forums ... if there are people that don't even have access to the game they can't say much about UI and stuff like that.
  18. cola_colin

I expect a loop function to be added at some point anyway so no discussion is needed probably.
    I just think it is a really nice improvement that should be rather easy to do. Clicking 100 times with shift for each factory build is annoying me every game, just as much as some others bugs that are probably far harder to fix.
    I am really spending a considerable amount of time while playing with queue up more units^^
  19. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

We were just last week talking about factory build queue improvements people wanted to see, looping was one of the common ones. No ETA on that kind of stuff though.

Sometimes it can be easy to get a little frustrated with people posting ideas for features to add to the game, often because it's a feature we are already planning on or have tried already and rejected. However the point of getting people in this early is so people can give their feedback on the game and to gauge what stuff people are interested in having. So to that end suggest away.

The only thing is I don't know if garat wants the alpha forum to be more about bug reporting than general discussion and we need another sub forum. :)
  20. cola_colin

Try to see it positive: You have exactly the features I want already in mind. Makes me happy :)

Also the path finding improvements in 49186 are amazing, I can move around a ton of units across the planet and I only lose very few to bugs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.