Nyarlathotep's FPS Configs

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by nyarlathotep, January 29, 2011.

?

Update these config files?

1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    96.1%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. grimbar

grimbar New Member

enable vsync.
  2. ChronoBodi

ChronoBodi New Member

turn v-sync on in the menus
  3. nickeboy

nickeboy New Member

Didn't do anything at all :(
  4. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Well, the above (my post) was more or less a joke. I used to game on integrated graphics, so having ultra low details would be a godsend to those who do not have access to a more powerful computer.
  5. Virulence

Virulence New Member

Just posting to say thanks. Your 'unstable' config works pretty well. Now it's time balance out my K:D.
  6. ChronoBodi

ChronoBodi New Member

what computers are we running on here that is so low it needs these configs?
  7. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

I've been wondering the same thing myself. I wonder if a few are running this game from a Virtual Machine like Wine or Boot Camp.
  8. Kel

Kel New Member

:eek:
    Totally wrong, makes me sad.
  9. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

This game specifically inspired me to start gathering money and concidering the best options toward getting a system that can run MNC at higher than the given low spec.

The configs for me should provide a little more FPS. I can play normaly at low but I'd be willing to trade in a little more graphics for preformance right now until I get a decent computer for college.

Its the weekend so I'm going to test the new ultra low cofigs in comparison to using the "reduce rendering value to 50" method and then both at the same time.
  10. Virulence

Virulence New Member

Nah, Windows Vista, HP notebook. 2.0 Ghz, Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT. I pretty much need this config to score kills.
  11. ChronoBodi

ChronoBodi New Member

u overclock that GPU? it is considerably better if it can go up 150 Mhz. I done it before on a rebranded 9600m GT which is a slightly overclocked version of the 8600m gt.
  12. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

You can overclock a laptop graphics card? How?
  13. ChronoBodi

ChronoBodi New Member

if you have a nvidia card, you can use evga precision:
    http://majorgeeks.com/EVGA_Precision_d6209.html

works for my GTX 470m, overclocked from 535 to 630, although some guy with tweaked video bios can get it up to 750, but that's an extreme case.

it's not the same for all cards though.

as for that 9600m gt, its 500 mhz and i overclocked it to 630 mhz, which is about the same clock rate as the 9700m gt. The difference?

in Dragon age on stock clocks, it was laggy as hell on high settings. overclocked, it was mostly 30 FPS smooth, and i played Mass effect 2 pretty well on highish settings at 1440x900.

HOWEVER, that was on GDDR3 card. Overclocking is different for cards with older GDDR2 memory... if yours is DDR3, u can use my methods, but it's different numbers for DDR2 cards.

seeing as ME2 was Unreal 3, the same can be said of MNC as well.

For ATI cards, use MSI afterburner.
  14. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Thanks, this should help should I use fraps some more. My card is an ATI Mobility Radeon 6370, not amazing, but gets the job done. The overclocker gives me a good excuse to get a laptop cooling pad, which I probably should have gotten before I started gaming. :roll:
    Last edited: March 6, 2011
  15. ChronoBodi

ChronoBodi New Member

yea, before you do anything, google the crap out of "AMD mobility 6370 overclocking" or anything similar to that and look for what numbers they have OCed it to, what program, and the like. You just can't go like "oooooh slide the bar to the MAX" because that will nuke your card.
  16. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Considering I'm running on a laptop, this is the first thing I'm doing.

*edit* Lol, apparently I can, at max, overclock the core speed by 50 MHZ, up from 700. :lol: That's laptops for ya.
  17. ChronoBodi

ChronoBodi New Member

that's it? not like 80 Mhz or anything?
  18. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Pretty much. :lol:
  19. ChronoBodi

ChronoBodi New Member

that's weird... this is Afterburner right?

on my Precision, i can slide it all the way to stupid numbers like 900 mhz, which is not a good idea, but lets you set it where you can. something's funky with urs.
  20. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

It could be that I'm using an entry level card, or that the video bios has it locked.