Nyarlathotep's FPS Configs

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by nyarlathotep, January 29, 2011.

?

Update these config files?

1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    96.1%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep New Member

Bump, look at first post.
  2. Prow

Prow New Member

Yes, this would be really appreciated. I'm getting 5 FPS on lowest settings in-game. Those configs made it playable, but update broke them.
  3. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Having this updated would mean I'll be be able to play MNC until I get enough money for the parts or for a custom built...

Keeping me sane...
  4. thesambasti

thesambasti Member

Bump.

Go to front, vote to have them updated. We need these for our sanity!
  5. nickeboy

nickeboy New Member

Why has someone voted no?

"No, don't help those that want to play the game but can't due to having bad computers."

Whoever it was, my laptop would like a word with him.
  6. grimbar

grimbar New Member

It was me, while we were in Mumble, to get a reaction out of him. Sorry

There is gonna be an update one way or another, trust me
  7. nickeboy

nickeboy New Member

Figured it was either Nyarlathotep himself or a friend of his. Does he use a low fps config or something himself by the way, or why did he even make this in the first place?

Whatever the reason is, I really appreciate his work. I don't have a proper gaming PC anymore, and the config enables me to play MNC with decent fps on my laptop. Without the config, I can't aim at all.

I guess I'll just have to wait for an update, or try to figure out what to edit on my own - which I'll never succeed at.
  8. grimbar

grimbar New Member

He doesn't use them, I kinda made some crude one during beta and he improved it because he was able to.

I use my own one, consider his work a community service.
  9. nickeboy

nickeboy New Member

In that case, thank you for getting the project started. And a huge thanks to him for keeping it up!
  10. NeoCyberman

I have to give thanks too. I'm going to see about that minimum-wage job today and in the mean time I'm looking at some configurations for my dream tower.

Until then playing MNC on my Intel GMA 4500MHD powered laptop will keep me going and striving for the day when I can play at a decent FPS.

Until that time I'm willing to use the low configuration as the fun doesn't fade with a game developer like this.
  11. Psycho_Goth

Psycho_Goth New Member

Created an account purely to vote it up, would create another 40 if i could be arsed.
    I'm one of those gamers who will use low settings if its available, never liked shiny models. Love the configs heaps cant wait for updates and keep up the good work.
  12. NeoCyberman

I tried going to /My Documents/My Games/Unreal3/HostileGame/Config and replacing the HostileGraphicsSettings.ini file thats in there.

It worked but I dont know how to change the game to windowed at 1280 by 800 with 16:9 resolution to make alt+tabing easier.
  13. Mail

Mail New Member

I've never really had a need for something like this, but I have friends that do, and three years ago I could have used something like this for some of the games I played. So yes, is what I'm saying.
  14. Virulence

Virulence New Member

Made an account just to vote as well. This game needs serious optimization.

Also, is there (or was there) any way to get the resolution lower than 1024x768? The ResX and ResY commands never worked for me.
  15. Chap

Chap New Member

Made this account a while ago, but I'm using it for the first time to up vote this.

I only have my laptop at the moment, so I'll have to make do until I can afford a new PC. (one that can actually play games at over 20 fps)

This config has helped quite a bit. The game looks ugly as sin, but I don't really mind.
  16. Dwidzor

Dwidzor New Member

To anyone having issues with FPS in another thread I found this. It works amazingly.

try this:
    goto \Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\HostileGame\Config\HostileGraphicsSettings.ini
    find ScreenPercentage=set this to 50 or any lower value

This will allow the game to run at higher resolutions and render at half that resolution. Tho honestly being a UE3 game the resolution is likely not going to make it playable its likely cpu bottlenecked.
  17. Dwidzor

Dwidzor New Member

To anyone having issues with FPS in another thread I found this. It works amazingly.

try this:
    goto \Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\HostileGame\Config\HostileGraphicsSettings.ini
    find ScreenPercentage=set this to 50 or any lower value

This will allow the game to run at higher resolutions and render at half that resolution. Tho honestly being a UE3 game the resolution is likely not going to make it playable its likely cpu bottlenecked.
  18. NeoCyberman

Thats cool but any idea on where the windowed/not windowed settings are?
  19. nickeboy

nickeboy New Member

Bumping because I'm too lazy to make 32 new accounts and vote.
  20. Chap

Chap New Member

Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\HostileGame\Config\HostileEngine.ini

Scroll down to system settings and set fullscreen to true or false.

You cant do this ingame? I cant really remember.