Nyarlathotep's FPS Configs

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by nyarlathotep, January 29, 2011.

?

Update these config files?

1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    96.1%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. Traitorr

Traitorr New Member

We're both in the wrong then, I apologize for my somewhat aggressive post.

On a side note to Nyarlathotep, I believe only the hostileengine.ini needs to be replaced. An Uber employee was telling players with graphic errors to change settings such as bloom in that file only.

I was able to change them in-game without any of the other settings changing back to default.
  2. elevul

elevul New Member

Interesting.
    How did you do it?
    When I tried changing something from ingame graphics got reset and everything went black...
  3. Traitorr

Traitorr New Member

I'm messing around with it right now. I actually got low settings to work. You absolutely can't mess with anything in the options, not even mouse sensitivity or keybinds. If you want to change anything in the options do it before you apply settings you want. If you do mess with your options on accident you'll have to verify your game content and reapply it.

If you want a different resolution or any other settings you'll have to modify the .ini files.

Also, just having hostileengine.ini did nothing by itself. I haven't tried with just defaultengine.ini, but with both of them it definitely works.

If anything comes up I'll post more here.

EDIT: Yeah so nothing in the options can be touched at all. Mouse, keybinds, and gamepad will all set it back to the default low graphics settings and mess it all up.

The game should remember your mouse sensitivity and your keybinds so you only have to change those once if you need to. If you want to change the resolution or fullscreen/windowed you have to do it in the .ini files.
  4. grimbar

grimbar New Member

I said so in the first place, so did the FAQ. What made you think this was false information?

If you want to adjust sensitivity and the like: adjust the other ini-files
  5. elevul

elevul New Member

Can we have a config file with only the removal of the videos (or istructions to do so)? :)
    That would be really useful to keep the good graphic but remove the annoying loading videos. :D

EDIT: found it.
    In DefaultEngine.ini and HostileEngine.ini add
    Code:
    bForceNoMovies=true
    under
    Code:
    [FullScreenMovie]
    Done.
  6. playeremers

playeremers New Member

i put this on the right place, but i dont think this thing is working
  7. Tandemonium

Tandemonium New Member

I got both settings to work and found neither did much for my fps &looked just awful :cry: No matter how many times I verified my game cache the black textures wouldn't go away, so as of now i am just reinstalling. Are there any steam launch options for performance improvements?
  8. GheP

GheP New Member

Is there a tutorial on these boards that teaches how to modify settings in this FPS config?

I'm interested in modifying it or completely making my own to suit my computer and my needs. ie: I want to make the sky/skybox black among other things.
  9. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep New Member

You definitely made a mistake.
    Well if you already got a high-end machine you can't expect high improvements. Of course they look awful, it's called fps config.
    No there isn't.
  10. Kel

Kel New Member

How can I turn off the videos in my .ini?
  11. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald New Member

12. Kel

Kel New Member

13. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

This did not work out for me.

I downloaded the file, copied it, renamed it to the specified name (lowercase) and pasted it in the given directory and when i fired it up it told me that the default engine failed to verify or something like that so I reset.
  14. aerowoK

aerowoK New Member

Please update this Nyar
  15. NeoCyberman

Agreed the newest patch has changed some things
  16. grimbar

grimbar New Member

The patch only decoupled some convars from hostileengine into a new file called hostilegraphicsettings.
  17. NeoCyberman

So the process is the same but with hostilegraphics instead of hostileengine?
  18. NeoCyberman

Hello?
  19. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Hello. I gave you the answer already.
  20. NeoCyberman

The usual method posted here doesnt work for me.