[NOT YET UPDATED!!!!] Galactic Annihilation - Released!

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by stuart98, May 24, 2015.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Dox have same dps as ants, miss less, and cost less than a fourth as much.

Dox pretty much have to move at their top speed to be effective, control move them so that other units don't outrange them.

Weren't you destroying everyone with them in conjunction with thumpers yesterday?
  2. trgman

trgman New Member

This mod looks amazing. Anyway, what's the difference between this mod and modx by zx0? And which mod that has more types of anything in the game?
  3. arkmen3000

arkmen3000 New Member

Downloaded this mod and started playing.. There is only one problem.
    You can't control your commander.
    You can't even build structures, stuff, blah blah. etc.

(p.s i just joined this forum to just report this issue..)
  4. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Well, Stuart sure thought more about balance and strategy that I did. I just pump MOAR UNITS in the day before release :)
    stuart98 likes this.
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

you should sneak into Ubers office once in a while
    cdrkf, tunsel11, stuart98 and 2 others like this.
  6. stuart98

You have multiple server mods enabled. Disable all of them by going to the server mods tab in PAMM and clicking all of the filled blue circles except for Galactic Annihilation.
  7. stuart98

Pretty much this.
  8. arkmen3000

arkmen3000 New Member

I have done that and it's still not working. Do I have to update my game to the latest version?
    Please.. I wanna play this mod...
  9. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

sooo played around with the mod a bit
    2 times my PC crashed and 1 time PA just stopped working
    no other mods been used

what i like:

needler
    slinger

shatterer - should however not fire at air because it´s imposible to dodge

chasterner
    Tornado

queller - though requiers more work on truely firing in bursts instead of slowing down and continue to fire should maybe as well stop firing at air

rapier
    naval teleporter
    combat fab
    pelter
    holkins
    orca
    t1 navy - orca however should not fire on aircraft with cannons
    amphibius booms
    amphibius stomper

what i don´t like

game extremely limits interplanetary expansion and planetary control from orbit ... rendering gasplanets entirely useless ...

t1 fighter - should have its missile removed and leave that to the t1 gunship

uberunits should have ubergantries similar to the krogoth having its own in TA

kestrel maybe should have missiles with slight aoe to differentiate it from the t1 gunship

t2 bomber no different from t1 ... should have large aoe bomb or medium range missile with good aoe

t1 "hovercraft" is way too slow and not useful at all ... i say make it a amphibius tank for the time being and either add speed or hp for its temporary underwaterstate and let it have light torpedoes

t1 artillerybot ballistic arc too low

t1 missilebot - dislike the model for it

t2 bluehawk ... what is it good for? low range low damage low firerate ...

leviathan - doesn´t deserve the name for its model ...

many bots have bad animations for their movespeed

carrier is way too hacky of a unit and requiers too much micro

t1 artillerybot and tank should not fire at air same for the scone or other artillery/cannontypeunits

one thing i like to ask is if you could edit the sandbox list so every unit can be copied and spawned couldn´t spawn t2 units for instance ..

might test more in the future ..

but to be entirely honest i don´t yet see this mod being realy for me ...
    Last edited: August 7, 2015
    ace63 and tunsel11 like this.
  10. stuart98

T1 bomber drops one bomb. T2 bomber drops many.
    T1 hovercraft is faster than any other tank sans skitter and shielder.
    T2 bluehawk - Does decent amount of AoE.
  11. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

Hmm, did some more testing and they seemed a lot more powerful than they were when I posted that, odd...
    stuart98 likes this.
  12. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Yes make sure your game is the latest version. Other than that only one server mod should be enabled at a time (which you've confirmed is the case). If you still have trouble after verifying/updating your PA install post again and I'll see what I can do to help.
  13. arkmen3000

arkmen3000 New Member

Dang.. Can you make a compatibility patch that makes this mod work with the version that i have? (build 83796)
  14. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

So you can't update your PA copy? (Guessing either offline, poor internet or pirated in this case).

Anyway whilst I can't speak for stuart really, as a mod dev myself I do not see a backport being released as it is a lot of effort and testing to do so (If there was a large enough demand then maybe, but even then its a step backwards and a lot of work in the process).
  15. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

t1 and t2 bomber blow themselfes up when attacking tall buildings or units ...
    t1 hovercraft .... its friggin slow as well as the skitter ... especialy the skitter were you would think a wheeled vehicle would be rather quick

t2 bluehawk has way to slow projectiles and range for its AoE to matter ..
    it just isn´t a fun/satisfying unit to me ..

adding 2 more major critiques to the mod

too many slow units which makes playing with them on large planets such as amplus or duat a chore (considering the game has no multiunit transportationoptions that could compansate for that)

too many units that can shoot air
    i mean missiles, machinguns and lasers i can understand (still too much to be honest) ... but cannons such as the orca?.. realy?
    i am sorry but that turns the mod too much into gratuitous botbattles were you just throw armies toghether instead of building compositions with well countering units ...
    it brings up the issue i raised so many times before in similar mods ... too many units perform too similar and as such with only few exceptions no unit feels realy special or unique ... ... and neither realy fun ...

also missing some FUN units .. why no big AoE units? why no nukebot, why no large AoE bomber? to give a couple examples ..

uberunits feel lackluster overall (gunship dies too quick, tankbot needs a bit more range for ist slow speed, spider has no umpf/intimidationfactor behind it neither the artillerytank (doesn´t feel artillerylike at all and the leviathanlike has a high tendency of overshooting ... sniperbot should have some closerange defence and maybe have the laser from the shatterer)

effects don´t translate to what is hit/damaged well ..
    metalspots are a tad too small and many icons hardly visible ..
    Last edited: August 7, 2015
    FSN1977 likes this.
  16. stuart98

I thought I had a fix for the bombers blowing themselves up. :( I'll get it fixed.

Remember, Control-Right Click will make all of your units travel at their top speed rather than travel at a snail's pace with those Eviscerators. Use control groups as well to divide those units that you want moving in formation from those you do not.

I'm not sure if my signature is broken or what, but apparently we're really popular on ModDB. Thank you!

I'll see if I can get an update out later today to fix the bombers and the guard radius.
  17. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I've been playing a bit of GA and I must admit, turtling behind walls with a mix of long range units seems rather strong. This was in a large team game (5 v 5) on Pax Prime where I started on Lava vs 2 opponents. I took the entire map and surrounded them and essentially had unlimited resources to throw at them. Lots of t1 and t2 tanks, t1 bots, t1 and t2 air and experimental couldn't get past them and as a result we lost (in vanilla I would have beaten them I think). In the end their allies won on the other planets and then I was overwhelmed by the ensuing onslaught of 5 players :p

It may well be that I simply don't know the good unit mixes yet, although I certainly had a large numbers advantage.
  18. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

So this happened.
    [​IMG]
    stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  19. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Yeah nice frontpage exposure, congratz :)

[​IMG]
    stuart98, Nicb1 and cdrkf like this.
  20. stuart98

Replay numbers?

What were you attacking with?