[NOT YET UPDATED!!!!] Galactic Annihilation - Released!

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by stuart98, May 24, 2015.

1. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

It has a weapon warm-up time?
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Open the file, all shall be revealed.
  3. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Hmm, another total rebalance mod. I wish this mod more luck with getting a stable playerbase than RCBM and Statera had. I hope it can spike my interest the way RCBM did. I have found myself recently not craving for vanilla PA but for something like RCBM.

I'll keep an eye out for this. I have some knowledge on how to handle the AI, but no time to commit to anything. Maybe in a few months.

I will say that orbital combat CAN work well, it just needs more than 2 units. Just check Orbital overhaul or RCBM. In addition there is a new function that was implemented into PA after RCBM fell apart - ability for weapons to only work in specific layer. I have privately created spaceships that must decent from orbit before being able to fire upon ground fortifications. The only thing in orbit that CANNOT work well is stealth game, because if the lazy way that was made.

Additionally what are the plans for unit Heath balance? Will it be like RCBM where unit were expensive, but could survive or will it be like Vanilla where there is a lot of popcorn?
    Last edited: June 21, 2015
  4. stuart98

How could I possibly posit it as the successor to those mods if the units were made of popcorn? :)
    ace63 likes this.
  5. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

To be clear, RCBM didn't fall apart - its main authors withdrew their support from PA as a whole and as such haven't updated it. The torch is there to be carried if anyone is serious about taking over as project lead. I'd do it myself if I could code / model / texture / anything useful worth a damn.
  6. zweistein000

RCBM as such is on a permanent hold (you know why, I wont go into details publicly). Of course that doesn't mean that it can't be reborn under a different project.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  7. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Oh the drama lol... I really do think some players very much lost sight of what PA is... a damned good game that's you know.... meant to be fun for everyone involved (imo that should include the devs as well).
    Nicb1 and proeleert like this.
  8. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I plan to do a lengthy write-up of my experience following PA from Kickstarter to completion some time in the future. Enough time will have passed that I'll be able to pass comment on that sort of stuff from my own perspective - but for now we should probably not clutter up Stuart's thread ;)
    stuart98, Nicb1, proeleert and 2 others like this.
  9. Malorn

Malorn Member

Let's just look forward to another strong mod being released in the near future, and suffer for the waiting. =)
    stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  10. zweistein000

This^
    stuart98 likes this.
  11. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Is this project dead or something? Nothing has been said in a while.
  12. stuart98

Not dead, simply haven't had the time as of late to do much and Kiwi's been working exclusively on IL for some time.

Currently working on getting strategic icons made. Based off of Transicons.
    cdrkf likes this.
  13. zweistein000

Seeing that I have been out of touch for a while, could you tell me if one still needs a client side mod for this?
  14. stuart98

Yes, unfortunately. :(

So @Diaboy has vanished from the face of the internets... So we're recruiting a modeler again.
    zweistein000 likes this.
  15. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Yep Diaboy was meant to be doing textures for us as well in the IL mod, but vanished :(
    Wasn't aware that he was doing the models for your mod as well.
  16. zweistein000

I think that is one of the biggest turn-offs for people. The need to have a special mod installed that requires you to turn it on every time you want to join a modded server and turn it off every time you want to join a normal game is a process all, but the most hardcore fans of the mod are not willing to go though. This needs to get fixed or this mod may suffer the same fate as Statera and RCBM, because total rebalance mods are uncomfortable as it is, requiring the player to relearn almost everything he/she know about the game. Having this stepping stone be even higher really doesn't benefit anyone.

I know full on mod support on the scope that has been promised isn't part of Ubers short-term plans and there are a lot of other things that desperately need more attention, but this one thing would really benefit the modding community a lot while requiring a minimal amount of effort. So @jables or @Sorian or whoever is willing to listen, please add this functionality.
    ace63 likes this.
  17. stuart98

cdrkf and ace63 like this.
  18. stuart98

In the first of instructional materials aimed to ease one into the mod, we have released our unit guide. This guide gives a rundown of every unit in Galactic Annihilation, on its strengths and weaknesses.

I'll eventually release it onto the forums and eXodus, with pics.
    ace63 likes this.
  19. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

Hello, I read your unit lineup and I can with certainty say that I am interested. With that in mind, I also have some supportive Über unit suggestions for you:

Guardian: A large aircraft, the Guardian can rapidly repair multiple units at once and shoot tactical missiles down with point defense lasers. It has an alternate fire ability that must be manually targeted like the Uber Cannon which makes the target unit and units around it invulnerable for 5 seconds. This effect also applies to the commander.

Servant: The Servant is a larger clone of the Commander, looking the same except for its size. It is similar in its functions to the Commander but has vastly increased stats overall, making it far more effective at combat. It is not a substitute for the Commander and will not persist through the Commander's destruction.

Bastion: The Bastion is a large mobile station vehicle, with slots of various missiles. It also has a seperate slot for anti-nukes.

Paragon: The Paragon is a large, towering structure that can be attacked both by ground units and anti-air units and it can toggle between two modes: Infinite Metal and Infinite Energy. Picking either with create large consumption of the other resource, with an inverse function of the actual production of the resource that has been made infinite. It has moderate armor that allows it to survive a single nuke but it won't survive another. It explodes violently when destroyed.
  20. stuart98

I don't believe it's possible to have multiple build arm tools. :( The only alt fires that work are single shot damaging weapons. While I can make a unit that rapidly shoots down tactical missiles, I don't really see the point.

Having an uber cannon based megabot might be interesting.

I plan to include a mobile antinuke. It will not carry other missiles due to engine limitations.

I don't see a way for the paragon to work ATM, although it's a nice idea.