Noon question about controller

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by y3434, June 18, 2015.

?

What

1. Razer sucks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Get yuced to it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Stop being a noon or quit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. All of the above

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. Other

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. y3434

y3434 Active Member

Thanks guys. I was planning to return it to Amazon where I bought it from. All I want is money back, not a replacement. Will try contacting Razer too.
  2. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Amazon is really good about that. I would have done a return too, but I had it for like 2 months before the first one broke. They really are great...when they work. I also had one of their wireless headsets, which broke after three months. I opened it up, and found that the mic cable was not soldered on at all, it was just twisted together, so I soldered it back with better wiring and it was flawless for like a year - it still works, I just stopped using it because it doesn't work with HDMI and I don't want to have to do another tear down to fix the HDMI version too.

All their console stuff COULD be good, they just take dumb little shortcuts that ruin them. Like the Sabertooth having the firmware burn out; they could prevent that with just a little bit more quality control (they are burning the boards when they solder the rom chips which causes the issue, at least that was the case on mine).

It's a shame really, their PC stuff is pretty solid.
  3. y3434

y3434 Active Member

And now my Scuf broke. I am too good at breaking controllers apparently. I must be too ripped and too alpha. When these fists talk...
    untouchablexp likes this.
  4. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

Hope it has a warranty aren't scufs like 100+?
  5. y3434

y3434 Active Member

It should be on warranty. Yes, they are ridiculously expensive. The configuration with 2 remappable paddles is $150.
  6. untouchablexp

untouchablexp Active Member

I use Wal-Mart controller I #2gud
    y3434 likes this.
  7. y3434

y3434 Active Member

8. untouchablexp

9. hungrypoem

hungrypoem Active Member

i use a wired controller

no batteries
    y3434 and untouchablexp like this.
  10. untouchablexp

What a god
    y3434 likes this.
  11. y3434

y3434 Active Member

12. RandomToon

13. untouchablexp

I use Wii remote
  14. hungrypoem

hungrypoem Active Member

my aim would improve with that
  15. victorpenningtonrust

victorpenningtonrust Active Member

me yuce wire controller

no bat tree FAT
  16. y3434

y3434 Active Member

Wanted to share my Scuf repair experience.
    What was broken:
    1. Left trigger was constantly stuck in certain games, e.g. PvZ GW. This defect was already there when the controller was brand new. PvZ was basically unplayable with my Scuf. I believe that's a firmware defect.
    2. The bottom paddle broke off after 3 months of use. It is not designed to withstand lateral force. You need to be careful and only apply force in the vertical direction.
    The warranty is 60 days, so it was out of warranty. I sent it for repair (UPS, $10), and when Scuf received it they sent me an email saying repair takes about 5 bus. days and that they'd contact me if any payment is required. After 5 bus. days nobody contacted me, and I emailed them asking for status update. They responded that I must send a payment of $19.95, otherwise they can't proceed with repair, and if they don't receive the payment within 5 days from the day they received the controller, they send it back. I sent the payment (paypal) and complained about my disappointment about the whole experience. They apologized.
    4 bus. days later (today), I get a fedex shipment notification. They shipped it with "signature required". Obviously, nobody is going to be home, and I'll have to call them after the first delivery attempt and ask to hold, and then make a long trip to the fedex warehouse.
    I don't really even care at this point if it's been repaired. To me personally, the Scuf isn't worth the money.

I really hope that at least some of all those new players who visit this forum will find this review useful.

Sincerely,
    Last edited: November 17, 2015
  17. hungrypoem

hungrypoem Active Member

wall of text is wall
  18. RandomToon

Yeah, not really better than the Onza in that case. They are designed to break. If you want a good one, you have to go custom. I did that for the fight stick I had. Custom board, buttons, stick, etc. I don't know of a way to do that with a game pad though. Nothing is high quality anymore.

If you want to learn a bit about what you can do with a PCB and custom maps, here is a decent starter article...

http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_wiring.html
    Last edited: November 18, 2015
  19. y3434

y3434 Active Member

I like the Scuf ergonomics better than Onza. Scuf is identical to the standard MS controller. Onza takes quite a bit of getting used to. Onza's customizations and the firmware are superior to Scuf though. The wired Scuf does not even remember the paddle remapping when you unplug it. But Onza hardware is so flimsy.
    I don't think I want to go custom. I'm not really a gamer. The best option for me is apparently the standard controller.