Non-SMNC Screenshots/Videos

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by tehemopenguin, October 27, 2012.

1. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

Aww man . . . I thought I taught him all that. (Except the courier issue. One would have expected Jakiro to have taken that task. But hey, low level pubs.)
    I am a terrible teacher.
    *seppuku*
    ;)
  2. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

3. thebigpill

~2 min wsw frag movie yay
  4. Orome

Orome Well-Known Member

5. thebigpill

The day has finally come.

[​IMG]
    JammySTB likes this.
  6. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

I should have stopped buying these things after the first 3 :oops:

photo_00012.jpg

-Edit-
    Missing from the pic,, Terrafin, Whirlwind, Sparx the dragon fly power up, and the treasure chest powerup.. they're hiding in my son's room somewhere..

32 normal characters, 3 lightcore, 3 giant's, 4 extra level's and 9 power up items... :)

Total cost aprox. $700 AU worth of crap-landers across 2 games skylanders and giant's...
    OH YAY.. .. .. wait there's a new game out swap force..
    hmmmn... looks like Activision will be raiding my pocket once more.. sighs..
    Last edited: January 5, 2014
    kvalheim likes this.
  7. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

I wanna play Dota 2 with some more of you guys. Infinity said she might play with me sometime, and I regularly play with Iso in captains mode, which is pretty damn fun.
    Lately I'm just hoarding equipment for WR, she's fast becoming my new CG xD Doing a cosplay of her for DeeCon in April, was so happy I found a Convention like 3 minutes from my house. She's so cuuuuute <3

[​IMG]

--- --- ---

Also, I did some work for a University project, did some more concepts of making a sidescrolling level for a puzzle game. Won't go into details, but made a mockup using Portal 2 and Dear Esther assets.
    [​IMG]
  8. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Game successfully thrown. Commends secured.

For the record, this was the game that my 5 stack was so angry about they stopped playing with me. WHATEVER MAN.
    Last edited: January 6, 2014
  9. donut7577

donut7577 Active Member

10. sylvesterink

Don't forget to play the Windrunner Drinking Game: Every time she giggles, take a shot. (Yes, I called her Windrunner. She will always be Windrunner. F*** Blizzard.)

But yeah, she's pretty reliable when I'm in a pub game and have to be ready to take on any role between 3-5 at any time. Plus epic force+shackles are always something to brag about.

And Infinity, I can't imagine how you lost that match. You guys had the better lineup, better items, better everything. Did they rat doto to victory or something? Oh wait. They had Slardar, the ballingest baller that ever balled a ball.
  11. kvalheim

OH MY GOD YES. THAT ANNOYED ME SO MUCH.
    At that time everyone was like "༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIEF DIRETIDE!" and I was just raging at the name change. Windranger just doesn't roll off the tongue as well, and Heroes of the Storm is going to be a casual latecomer to the genre that won't last as long as Dota (granted it will last a while because it's a Blizzard game, but it just looks so... eh). I've mostly just lost respect for Blizz over the whole name and likeness thing because it really just makes them seem petty and jaded that they didn't get Dota. Necrolyte, Windrunner, Lycanthrope are pretty generic fantasy names that are probably used in other fantasy fiction, for Blizz to demand the change is just petty.
    I'll have to try that drinking game though xD
    Last edited: January 8, 2014
  12. sylvesterink

If I recall correctly, Blizzard didn't force most of it. It was Valve's choice, not to avoid any sort of lawsuit (though I'm sure that's a side effect they considered), but to prevent potential brand dilution once Blizzard starts adding similarly named heroes to their game. After all, once Heroes of the Swarm/Heart of the Storm/Whatever adds their own Windrunner, or Skeleton King, etc, then there may be ambiguity when it comes to which character one is referring to, the Blizzard hero or the Valve hero. Such is the world of IP protection.
    Oh well, as long as they leave my girl, Phantom Assassin, alone, I'll be happy.
  13. infinitycanvas

Great story there. We were pushing and I died, three of them dead and without buyback. I realize this is a great time to buyback myself, and BoTs in to take a barracks, maybe win game. My team decides that they're half health which means they should b and do so, and my buyback is wasted.

Fast-forward, I got cocky and died to endless chain stun, and because of buyback, had a 2 minute respawn. The enemy team realizes with me dead this is their only chance to win, and decide to all-in midlane. My team was busy 4 man pushing top lane. I yell at them to TP back and defend, but there's an argument that I should have been with them and not died, drowning out my suggestions. Then the following happens:

Gyrocopter (our other carry) stays back to take a rax. Windranger man-ports in front of our tier 3, dies instantly. Juggernaut decides that he's invincible while spinning, spins into their entire team, dies instantly. CM is left being able to do absolutely nothing. Gyro takes top rax, decides that defending base isn't important, stays around for their mid raxs, too. By the time he finally TPs back, we've lost. I never respawned for the entire thing.

Game succesfully thrown.
  14. sylvesterink

But at least your team spoke English. Cука.
  15. kvalheim

You can have better lineups and items but if you have a crummy team its still hopeless.
  16. sylvesterink

I generally try to give people the benefit of the doubt. But the people I meet in Dota 2 make this hard.
  17. kvalheim

cyka
  18. HarryButchers

HarryButchers Member

I'm the best Sand King.
  19. infinitycanvas

Harry is so pro at Meepo he'll just give me all of his items at the start of a game. Doesn't even need 'em.
  20. worksofart

worksofart Member

Pictures of quality games
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]