Non generated MAP with structures for Campaign

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by b8factor, September 17, 2014.

1. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

I did a quick search and found some posts flirting with this subject but nothing that asnwered what I was looking for.

Is ti possible to generate a map to my liking and then save that EXACT map to reuse in a SP campaign? I do not mean the seeding specifications but the exact map that was generated.

And add structures on the map to make a base, or bases that can then be scripted with the AI to create a scerario that will allow other players to play?

e.g. In the editor I keep seeding a map until I get what I am looking for. Then once I have a map that fits my plan I add an structures to form a BASE for the AI to use. I then script the AI to create a mission for a human player to executue. And then post as a mission map for others players to download and try?

-B8
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

No, there is no mechanisms to save result of generation.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Yet.

Uber has talked about how it'll be cool for people to make custom campaigns.

So we'll get there eventually.
  4. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

Do you know of any good threads to follow that would be relevant to this topic?
    How about any other areas like UBER News, MODDB pages, or other WEB sites?

I would like to stay up to date on when this happens so I can create a Campaign or mission map. :)
  5. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

The best you'll be able to do is follow the modding forum.
    b8factor likes this.
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I guess we'll able to save game state as "replay" that can be played as campaign mission, but so far I don't think there was any proper confirmations about ability to save/modify planet geometry manually will be implemented...
    Last edited: September 17, 2014
    rayzone12 likes this.
  7. rayzone12

rayzone12 New Member

DUDE...you talking about unlimited maps for this game and maybe missions... aka.. stop something or get something... or hold a point... yes please make this happen
  8. wondible

wondible Post Master General

It would be possible to make a client mod that loaded a specific system.

You could use a custom biome type (server mod, client to edit it) to place custom things that looked like base buildings, but they wouldn't be assigned to a player or have any game function. Brushes can be exactly placed, but get merged into the planet geometry. Features are game objects and can have limited interactions (burn, reclaim) but I haven't found a way to precisely place them.

Some kind of alien invasion mod did some creative stuff with the AI priorities, but the AI system is JSON rule based, not fully scripted.
  9. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

Hopefully down the road this will be available. If I wanted to create a mission map like:
    Guns of Navarro: Water world with one large island with cliffs and predefined AI base that has large artillery keeping Player Navy at bay. Player has to execute well planned sorties to eliminate Artillery before Naval assault.
    Shaka Zulu: Dessert map with small broken down Player base suppoded by emnty waste land and surrounded on all sides by 5 AI base camps assaulting in every increasing number of platoons! Player has to defend, rebuild, and eventually seek out and destroy each attacking base simultaneously not losing their own!
    The Escape: Player has to capture satellite facility and from AI on world under siege before a Death Star comes into target range.... tick tock tick tock!

Just off the top of my head scenarios I would like to pursue!

I enjoy random generated AI wars but it is also fun to immerse one’s self in a problem solving scenario to secure victory against the clock! :) I had a hoot designing campaign maps for C&C, and SC2! It would be fun to do so for PA as well.
    -B8
  10. trialq

trialq Post Master General