Next wave of NVidia GPUs out in October/November

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by cwarner7264, July 18, 2014.

1. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Interestingly, the GTX 980 doesn't have hugely better performance over the 780ti. Though compared spec-wise, the 980 is MASSIVELY more efficient and effective, especially considering how much less power it uses and how many less of the various processing units it needs to beat out the 780ti, even if it's not excitingly better.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Smaller demand on the power supply - potentially a big cost saver there if it lets you go for a smaller unit.

Means I can re-use my 650W in my next build rather than having to buy a more powerful one.
  3. abubaba

abubaba Well-Known Member

Got a 970 today.. this thing is whisper quiet even overclocked under load! Great stuff.. though the downside to fans being quiet is that you can hear everything else.. mine has pretty bad coil whine so I'll probably take it back.
  4. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I have a 560ti plus another one outside my computer because I never got around to telling the people who built my PC (I'm lazy, but I won't hire anyone again because I'd rather spend the money on an extra million transistors) to put a mark next to my name saying "Don't worry if the warranty sticker is broken". Well, actually I doubt they'd be happy about letting me keep warranty after sticking more hardware in. I really need to get around to cleaning the damn thing...

Also I'm paranoid about my fan and PSU not being able to take it and releasing the magic smoke.