Next Livestream?But What or when?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by supremevoid, March 16, 2013.

1. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

So lets talk about the next livestream.

Most PA fans were disappointed from the last livestream so what could Uber do to make it better? (Discuss)

What could be the topic of the livestream? (Discuss)

When?(Discuss)

I think it would be good to make a "Corners of Uber" update style.There would be 3 Corners
    Howard´s corner : For Audio stuff.
    Mavor´s corner : For Architecture,basic programming and other technical stuff updates.
    Steve´s corner : For Art concepts, timelapse art and tell us something about his inspirations.

I think they will show us some "early footage" of the game.(Mavor said that they are pretty close to show us some stuff in the last livestream)

If you dont like the topic,because its "useless" go away and read other topics.I think my english is pretty bad today.Please Ignore that ;)
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Just keep in mind that the more time we spend on the livestream the less time we are working on the game. There are serious hard tradeoffs that need to be made on time. Even with our mostly ad hoc planning it still burns several man days of time to do one of these.

Anyway as I previously stated we are getting pretty close to showing some stuff. I'm a bit worried that it's still too primitive but things have been coming along for sure.
  3. lophiaspis

lophiaspis Member

Pretty sure Uber's level of community engagement for this game is unsurpassed...ever. I wouldn't mind if they think they need a break.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Days? o_O I'd rather see you develop faster than make lots of livestreams, so only make them if you want to show something that is best shown in the form of moving images.
  5. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

6. chrishaldor

chrishaldor Member

Can we see your current gameplay if the people who will complain about it not being 100% done will promise to not look? =)
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It's funny. Somebody always asks in the forums for the next stream and not much later the next date is announced. xD
  8. RCIX

RCIX Member

Something I've observed in other communities is that though no one realizes it, the best option would be to take dev a bit more slowly so we know what is actually happening on an ongoing basis.
  9. cruton32123

cruton32123 New Member

My feeling toward livestreams just went from 'want to see them all the time' to 'never want to see another livestream again'. I knew these took some effort, I didn't realize it took that much.
    I would much rather have the games be days of development better rather than know everything about it ahead of time. Next time someone ask about a livestream, tell them never, but the time we saved we used to make things that will pleasantly surprise you in the alpha/beta/game.