New patch incoming!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, January 9, 2011.

1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Class change in the middle of Blitz is disabled on purpose.
  2. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

Was there a change to how the Assassin lunge+grapple works? I've never had the problem before, but it seems tonight lots of assassin's will lunge from directly in front of me and follow with a grapple that will always be from behind. I can't quite put my finger on what's different, but it definitely feels a little different than before and has been resulting in a lot more back grapples than I'm used to.
  3. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

nothing that would affect that.
  4. ilyoung

ilyoung New Member

I noticed something like that quite a bit last night. It definitely looked like an assassin should have gotten a front grapple on me because they are lunging straight towards my face, but it turns into a back grapple. Even without reading the previous post, it was something i was pondering last night.
  5. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

Is it intended now for Assassins to get a back grapple when dashing from directly in front of you? I've never noticed this happen before this update and I've played this game since day 1 on 360. It really feels like something has changed.

http://i.imgur.com/yVa3k.jpg
    (see picture above) For example, last night while playing on Spunky Cola, I was in the Hotshots hallway (1) playing as a Gunner mortaring one of their turrets (2). An assassin dashed directly into my chest and grappled, but the animation showed her killing me from behind and being awarded an instant kill. This has happened to me in many locations, but I chose to illustrate this example because of the tight hallway I was in. Most pros can't even fit around a Gunner standing directly in the middle of these hallways, and an Assassin dash-grappling directly into my chest and getting awarded a kill doesn't seem right.

I always position myself to be facing an incoming Assassin because if they grapple me from the front it's 9/10 a kill for me. However, recently Assassins have been getting many kills on me (this happens when I choose any pro, not just Gunner) by dashing into my chest and grappling, yet being awarded a grapple from behind.

Any insight on why this might be happening, or if this is intended? It doesn't happen every time, it really feels like it is random. Could it be a special animation where they turn me around, kind of like a crit? Thanks for any help figuring this out. The inconsistency with their grapples is a little bit frustrating. It is teaching me to counter-grapple their dash more often, but it's a painful learning process.
  6. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

I wonder if the dash actually placed the assassin behind you, and then the grapple went off ignoring direction.
  7. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

That would be the explanation. That's why I chose to use this example, because it wouldn't be a matter of the Assassin going around or past me, but quite literally right through me ignoring character collision. And even then, the Assassin would be facing the wrong direction for the grapple. This has happened many times now, and sometimes it happens when the dash would normally end behind me due to them not being the full dash distance, and other times when the dash would end right where I'm standing. I haven't had this happen when an Assassin dashes and the dash ends in front of me and then have them grapple, that has always resulted in a front-grapple from what I can remember.

This is just an example that's fresh on my mind and it was very obvious something wrong happened at the time considering where I was standing in relation to the walls on the map.
  8. Mail

Mail New Member

If you're talking about dashes ending and such, I start to think you're referring to a lunge.
  9. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

happens to me a lot as well as well as being grappled in the middle of me charging AS WELL as being grappled in the air.

Lots of issues and yea they bug me, but all I can hope for is if they fixed by release or some patch.
  10. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

Yea, I'm not talking about the sprint skill they activate, I mean the dash/lunge they do when pressing 'r' (default).
  11. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Bump for 87MB patch.

<3 patch size!
  12. Statement

Statement New Member

This new patch is fantastic and a massive step in the right direction for the game (more emphasis on teamwork).