New MoneyBall health..wow

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by DragonAsh, July 1, 2011.

1. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Actually you do.
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Played with the new balance, don't like it at all.
  3. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

Maybe it's time to finally shelf MNC.
  4. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Too much fun for that. Take a short break Moose, then come back.

Scathis, please make it like it was! :cry:
  5. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

First patch that really has me dumbfounded asking why.

-The change comes out of left field and seems to serve no real purpose.
    -No official response on the reasoning behind the MB change.
    -No patch notes that explain the extent of the changes so that we can reason as to why.
    -Compounded by the extent to which the changes effect gameplay.

This is so unlike Uber in every respect. Not reasoning with the community about the OT changes. Not giving us a cryptic hint about what is to come besides the summer clothes.

I mean it's like it is a different company.
  6. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Sabotage from the inside, maybe?
  7. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I agree. This does seem a bit out of character. Theres been very little dev chatter about this.

Also: Suggestion: give people notice that the update is coming so they can be prepared to update their servers.
  8. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

Yup, this is entirely not the Uber i know. No patch notes for one.
  9. NeoCyberman

To quote an overlooked post:

10. Coverop

Coverop New Member

I think I've found a reason of not revealing patch note.
    They are testing several things like:
    - Moneyball hp (on Blitz too)
    - Tank's Charge LVL 3 (I think It's slightly changed)
    - Bots speed with time (they walk faster when you are near 5 minutes)
    - More Jackbots after the overtime thing

If people wouldn't update their game they would never get informations about changes which people needs to find out and check it. (Sounds stupid)
  11. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

Gunna be honest, kindof like how Valve think that adding more poorly balanced weapons to TF2 is a good design choice, cutting the moneyball health by a drastic percentage was and never will be a good idea. If they want less games to go into overtime they need to do something about everything -except- the moneyball. It's really not the issue here.

I get what you're saying, but i can't see how it was a good idea. Patch notes are prettymuch a requirement.... :|
  12. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

also getting all servers on this update would be great to :(
  13. Wahrheit

Wahrheit New Member

Mine is on it, it begins with Summaxr.com and has hourlong games. :)
  14. daztora

daztora New Member

Yeah new health Is ridiculous 3 seconds into OT ball is destroyed.

Not having a good run with updates here are we Uber?
  15. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

:lol: :lol:
    Seems like every match makes it to OT. I guess these changes are not having the effect they wanted.
  16. NeoCyberman

Well its not as bad and I am a bit on edge but the reduction combined with the overtime change is bad.

I was able to make a comeback if I tried hard and I have not seen much in the was of turtling. Only reason either team was not able to get to one another was because of either a killer offensive effort on both sides or newbie gunners.

However I can't say that the change was needed or that good a decision. It is true that the game now makes players rely more on turrets to fend off attacks or to stall the game. This makes the game less dynamic and reduces the reward that offensive play gives. I do see less back and forth games which is bad.

The changes necessary to make the game more dynamic (in my eyes) would be the percentage change that Tiger suggested. The reason I prefer it over the recent money ball changes of updates 8 and 9 is that competitive play is not as discouraged.
  17. killien

killien Active Member

Depends on the people in the match
    I've seen some where the teams dive into the thick of it, others they try to turtle
    Not much different than before really, except it's easier for the team with a single juiced Sin to win in OT

I even had a match like that. Was on Tullys and my team was pushing hard, almost had their MB a few times but OT came and we lost horribly because the other team had 1 Sin with Juice that snuck past to hit our MB
  18. corducken

corducken Member

At this point I'm wondering if it isn't just easier to remove the health mechanic completely.

It certainly would streamline the game quite a bit. It used to be an uphill battle before the update on the 30th if your team lost a little health at the start. Now all you need to do is have two bots get past your defenses and pretty much everyone but a sniper can take out your moneyball before their juice even manages to run out.

Hell, a couple assault bombs take out about half the thing's health, you hardly even need to juice anymore. A gunner can walk from his base to the enemy base before the shields go back up if he died attacking it, so stemming the tide is basically impossible.
  19. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

I'm going to continue standing by my statement that they should return HP, trigger overtime if the balls are within ~10% and possibly nerf moneyball damage from air strikes and assault bombs.

And make the shields come back up twice as fast.

In exchange for having them drop if 2 slims or 1 blackjack get through. If that's not already how it works.
  20. daztora

daztora New Member

I still think that only bots keeping the shields down Is a brilliant idea, of course players still do damage but If a bot doesn't hit It in a certain amount of time the shields go back up.

And yes not having one decent Assault who's camped his base all match waiting for juice carry a team of 5 bads with just his bomb would also be nice.