New Ideas for the GW

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by HUNDAR, June 4, 2014.

1. HUNDAR

HUNDAR New Member

Greetings my friends.

So, as the title suggest, i want to post here some new thoughts for improving the GW. Feel free to add your own.
    Now when i played the GW i found it very interesting, the all idea for the random tech start is amazing, and i really enjoyed my playthroughts. But i was hoping is something..different. Dont get me wrong, i know it's only the first iteration for the mode, so i want to give my ideas for some possible improvements for the experience.

I was thinking, like many people, that the Galactic map, and the whole single mode, was more like the single mode of a Total war game, ( or any 4x game). Allow me to explain better: i'm ok with the idea to explore new planets to find new tech, but as i do so, i want to enstablish some sorta of stronghold in the system; that would feel like i am truly building an empire. And in the meantime i would love that the other factions, rather than sitting in their spots, waiting me to find them, react to my growing presence, and invading my domain. So to keep things simple and short my ideas are:

More interactions with the planets: allow specializations for them, like tech spec, or eco spec ( for some early boost in the battle mode). In order to do so, you will have to put in charge a sub commander that you will control when you will be sieged ( see below)

More AI reactivity in the galactic map: the AI will not sit waiting for you, but invading your planets and you have to defend them.

A true turn based system: You do your moves, then click the button and wait while the AI do their stuff, like a 4X game.

I apologize for my bad english and any mistakes i made, the italian education sistem is a joke.
    blacksword13 likes this.
  2. sigmud2

sigmud2 Member

That is basically what they're planning to implement, I think, because there is a count of turns when you're rejoining the galactic war lobby