New (Game) from the TA(and Co.) Developers

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by supremevoid, December 20, 2012.

1. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

2. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

From the other (wrong) thread:
    Godus raised approx. $850K and was at roughly the same amount at this point in time so I wouldn't hold that one up as a positive sign for Wildman which is gunning for $1.1M.

That's before you take in to account the fact Molyneux has a FAR higher profile than Taylor, and that his "vision" for Godus is much more obviously connected his past works, despite the fact it too was poorly defined at the beginning of the campaign.
  3. thygrrr

thygrrr Member

The projection is probably spot on, they will probably fizzle out at 750k or so.
  4. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

I really hope it will pick up again when CT is doing more PR work and more people will be aware of the game. Otherwise, it is pretty much stalling to 0 right now. :(
  5. nightnord

nightnord New Member

It looks like they are not going to make it.
  6. Bhaal

Bhaal Active Member

I dont know why they do this.

This game is just not needed. The people who pledge are CT fans or Supcom fans or TA fans that hope he will make a RTS in the future or just want to help him survive.

I cant find the target group of this game. At least I dont think their target group is on kickstarter.
  7. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Latest update gave me a better idea of what he's trying to achieve.

To me it does look like an RTS but with an ARPG element for your "commander" in between levels.
  8. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Actually sounds like it could be interesting.

Now, if they had only showed the game play concepts at the start...
  9. ultramarine777

ultramarine777 Member

10. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

That was 3 days after the KS started and didn't give a clear picture of the game play.
  11. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Nor did it explain in any way how a hybrid MOBA/RPG/RTS even works in practice OR in theory
  12. ultramarine777

ultramarine777 Member

Oh, I assumed you mean just show how the gameplay in the engine would be like, but if you are referring to the specifics of combat and details then I am mistaken.
  13. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Another day, another $3K.
    Every time I think it can't get any worse... it does! :(
  14. micronian

micronian New Member

Does it? I saw him drawing his little arrows saying "This isn't a MOBA/DOTA!!!", but it sure looked like one to me. I didn't see any RTS elements at all. Your troops just spawn, and go running towards the enemy, so you have no control over them... so there's no strategy.

But actually that raises more questions: if it's an RTS, what are the resources? Can I just build as many bases as I want? What's the limiting factor? I just... don't get it...

Oh man, I figured you had been working on this game all along when I saw this on your blog:

"Back in May I moved off of the Age of Empires: Online project onto a new, still unannounced, project. I am heading up the AI development on this new project, so that is really exciting. I can't wait for this game to finally be announced so I can share more details."

I guess this was one of those games that got cancelled that we'll never hear about. :cry:
  15. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Yeah, I was on a project that got cancelled a while after I left.
  16. lophiaspis

lophiaspis Member

Well now I feel guilty about being so negative, this is really sad. Hope they pull through although it looks less likely by the day...
  17. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

I'll leave the genre discussion alone, it is rarely a fruitful one, but to say an inability to control individual units means no strategy is a patently false statement.
    Strategy is about defining the broad strokes of how to approach a conflict.

Hell there have been several ideas discussed on this very board for PA that, if taken to their extreme, would produce gameplay mechanics with not too dissimilar results.

There is strategy in what to produce, and when to produce it, managing the expenditure of your resources to best respond to the threat.
    Whether or not you had over the reigns to someone/thing afterwards.
  18. ultramarine777

ultramarine777 Member

The latest vid gave a clear direction of what the game is going to be like and it seems to have positive feedback. Perhaps this video might attract more people, although to be honest, the majority are more attracted by CG or nice little cinematic rather than an informal detailed layout of the game. I too hope this kick starter succeeds.
  19. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

Finally more than 30% now, hope they can still find a way to get media's attention, they really should have done that after they make clear of the game mechanisms, not before it.
  20. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

A few of their recent KS comments of interest: