New (Game) from the TA(and Co.) Developers

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by supremevoid, December 20, 2012.

1. taihus

taihus Member

Aye, anyone involved in a business can tell you that timing means a lot.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Not to mention they pulled the Countdown timer PR stunt prior to the KS campaign which doesn't have a good record for them.

Mike
  3. psychopigeon

psychopigeon New Member

4. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Uh oh.
    I see a "world of castles" in their future. Or maybe a world of cavemen? Whatever CT does, it's guaranteed to be a "world of". :roll:
  5. ultramarine777

ultramarine777 Member

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I hate most F2P games with microtransactions that are online ONLY. If GPG don't have to do something along those lines then good things can happen.
  6. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

wot is a good f2p game. I play it since 2011 or something, and never spent a penny, and had lots of fun
  7. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

What can you actually buy in World of tanks?......Is it just tanks? Becuse that's not so bad.

But if I hear correctly 'golden shells' are really kinda retarded.
  8. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

there are premium tanks
    premium account (daily monthly yearly)
    and premium ammunition, youre right. But they are not (totally) gamebreaking. Its still fun.
  9. igncom1

Premium tanks are fine my by books.

But the ammo....mabey if you could only use it in games against opponets who also have it, then it would be cool.

I personally am not a fan of subscriptions, but buying addtional content for my game is cool.

F2P just reminds me of game demos, tis but a taster of the whole game until you but the rest.
  10. acey195

acey195 Member

I am happy for CT :),

I would feel a lot worse about companies trying to force micro transactions in the single player part of the game, especially when it is not a F2P game in the first place... (Deadspace 3 anyone)

I do feel that the F2P market may get a bit over saturated soon, but it is very easy to distinguish the good ones from the pay-to-win ones (which are obviously baddd), so the bad ones are slowly disappearing :)
  11. igncom1

I kinda like what AOE online had going, with the buying civilisations thing.
  12. feyder

feyder Member

I agree, AOEO was a great game and I didn't mind paying for the content, I feel that a wildman F2P like path of exile would be good just not now due to the saturation of the market, We know SupCom3 isn't a possibility as Square Enix own that.

Maybe Wargaming will buy TA from Atari :p
  13. igncom1

14. movra

movra Member

15. nightnord

nightnord New Member

WG is not interested in single-player games anymore (inside information :p), so it's out of scope for sure. But I'm sure that they will find some matching field for GPG's expertise which is quite broad now. I doubt that any information about their whereabouts will be revealed anytime soon. They could even continue developing Wildman with more focus on network/MOBA part, who knows (World of Big Angry Savages ;P).
  16. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

Not sure what to think just yet, but I do like Wargaming.net better than most companies. And World of Tanks is quite nice for an F2P game. Still, it would be a shame if it's true that wg.n focuses only on multiplayer games now, especially if that is what comes of GPG too.
  17. Ti1t

Ti1t Member

Cough cough World of Warships anyone? Clearly hes being bought on board to help develop world of warships with strategic zoom as a feature o_0
  18. sstagg1

sstagg1 Member

I play WoT quite a lot :p, I'm a huge fan of tank warfare and history.

They allow people to buy the premium ammo with normal credits (earned through playing). It's not cheap, but it works.

That seems.... very plausible actually.

I have yet to hear about what they're doing for WoW (or WoA for that matter, but mostly cause I don't care).

The sky view they use for artillery in WoT could definitely use some work. If they have SupCom strategic zoom for that... wow, that'd be sweet. It'd be the only way to do WoW afaik too.

That'd be only be part of the reason obviously, but still something to note.
  19. xfreezy

xfreezy Member

Wildman is now on hold (or canceled), GPG will be renamed to Wargaming Seattle and work on a free2play MMO with emphasis on PvP.

Interview with Chris on the GDC:
    http://www.gamespot.com/events/gdc-2013 ... id=6406159

He also got questioned about PA, but dodges the question :p
    He is happy that they got bought by a devloper instead of a publisher and thinks that threy are a great fit.
  20. bmb

bmb Well-Known Member

Grinding pay 2 win confirmed.

How the mighty have fallen.