New Content in January?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by JPX Brutality, January 12, 2011.

1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Releasing content on the 360 is a much longer process than doing stuff on the PC. We're testing out some balance changes and new features on PC and we'd like to bring those back on the 360.
  2. Ian

Ian New Member

Any possibility that Xbox could see some custom maps from the PC community after a while?
  3. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Yeah I think that's a definite possibility.
  4. Ian

Ian New Member

I hope there's ramps.

Every Unreal game needs more ramps.

Somebody needs to make a map that's just one giant ramp.
  5. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

wasnt everyone supposed to "get" you for being a heretic?

lazy forums...
    [​IMG]

new maps sounds like fun nonetheless.
  6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Is that like a, I guess you can say, reference to the Whiteboxing where they had ramps but in the end they just didn't really work out? If so I am :lol:
  7. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

ramps and grappling aren't friends. Not so much.
  8. Ian

Ian New Member

Ramps + enemy Firebase + Assassin smokebomb? Those guys can't even be in the same room together
  9. dredd

dredd Member

I know i had a friend who worked for IW all content has to be Approved by Microshaft and that takes more time then it needs to
  10. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

Pretty sure Eka knows this :roll:
  11. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

So longer as it's not the same picture as Team Fortress 2 on PC and TF2 on consoles, I'm fine. What's a hassle of an extra month or two compared to never.

I'm content with believing that Uber got started on consoles and won't forget how they started.

Also, I love following and punishing ledgers. While it's a shortcut to the moneyball for them, it also means there's no Plan B for them.
  12. x 2TurnTableS x

x 2TurnTableS x New Member

quote]
    and so it begins. 360 is left in the dust.[/quote]

This is the answer, I watched as this same exact thing happened to one of my most beloved games,TF2. They love to use this excuse that Microsoft delays everything, which is true to a point,but I believe companies use this excuse a little too much. How is it possible that Cod,L4d,Halo,Guitar Hero,Dance Central,Forza,etc., have new content and dlc up almost every day, but they won't let you put out a simple update that fixes problems with your game that I believe I paid for, I find that hard to believe. Since Microsoft is so notorious for delaying updates and DLC, shouldn't you, UBER, as a business concious entity, be ready for this and have a plan of action. One would like to think this is how you should work. Do you think we can't see that you are putting all your efforts in to making a PC version, we see that and think well so much for our support on the console. UBER,my question is, do you think that your console version of the game is perfect, no need for any more updates, is that what you are going to tell everyone because you are doing so much better with PC? Maybe I am just worried because I have seen this same exact thing happen before. As it stands right now your console version is going to crap and is riddled with problems and we see you announcing all the great things happening for PC, I ask you what conclusion are we to come to.
  13. Airwags

Airwags New Member

Uber has hinted many times that there will be atleast one more DLC but you have to understand that they have very limited resources (I believe they said they have 10 employees currently) and are working on getting the PC version of the game launched as well. We're just gonna have to be patient.
  14. RoboNinjaGuy

RoboNinjaGuy New Member

Well from my point of view. It seems tht uberent is doing more for their community than any other dev team. So far they have said that this update for the PC would only make sense on the PC. I'm assuming it might be the keyboard guns(it most likely won't be) but none-the-less if it makes more sense for the PC then leave it be.

I mean heck, look at the last page. Custom maps on the PC will most definitely be added to the 360 and they haven't stopped caringfor the 360 what-so-ever. As long as we get an occasional map/map pack(from the PC community) for free then I'm fine.
  15. Ian

Ian New Member

Please, show me how these games have content up every day. If you're talking about L4D, Mutations is an internal process and updates automatically without a patch or DLC. Halo can also update it's playlists internally. I don't have any knowledge on the other games. Uber can also change things internally, but not a whole lot. They changed bot spawn times, match countdown times a few months ago.

How don't they have a plan of action? They send it to Cert as soon as it's done, to get it out as early as possible. What else can they do? Uber beat themselves up over delays more than anyone else

Of course they're focused on the PC version right now. The game is in beta, and what, a week from launch? Obviously they're going to be focused on launching that for now, making sure it's balanced (PC needs different balances than 360), launching the level editor, fixing bugs....

They clearly don't think the game is perfect. Xbox will be getting balance changes from the PC (albeit in one big patch), bug fixes, and DLC. I seriously doubt they have 250,000 sales on a PC beta of a small Xbox Arcade game, so no, they're not doing better with PC :roll:

Please, enlighten me as to how the console version is going to crap and how the game is riddled with problems? THE LEDGE IS INTENTIONAL :|
  16. x 2TurnTableS x

Ian you think this game has absolutely no problems huh, obviously you have never played it so I will not dignify any of your questions with a response. When did I say anything about the friggin ledge, shut the hell up about the ledge.
  17. Ian

Ian New Member

I didn't say it has no problems. I said it's not "riddled" with problems

[​IMG]
  18. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Believe it. We're not Cod,L4d,Halo,Guitar Hero,Dance Central,Forza,etc. This is our first 360 game and we would have designed certain systems differently to do faster updates on 360 but we didn't because of resources and cost involved. We know better now how to do that for future titles but it's not going to help much for the current version of MNC as far as fast updates.

Yes a plan of action is to be on a platform that lets us update and test content as fast as we want, PC and then bring content back on to the 360.

It's no secret we're trying to launch a PC version, so yes we are putting our resources there right now. We're also thinking about the future of MNC and the PC platform lets us try out features and experiment with things we'd like to try to expand the world.

Of course it's not perfect since we've already updated the 360 version twice. We also have a Feedback and Issues sub-forums because the game can always be better.

No good developer wants to see their hard work left in a broken state but the platform has to support the type of things the developer wants to do with the game.
  19. Sephisticated

Sephisticated New Member

This board is awesome because the people who actually CREATED the game respond to posts. You won't get that in any of the maintsream games that the guy posted above.

You guys also only have like 10 people and make AMAZING content while people like treyarch have 200,get top sales, and makes games that are poop.
  20. x 2TurnTableS x

Thank you Ekanaut,just the fact that you gave me an intelligent response to that makes me feel better. I am not trying to attack UBER personally, I am just worried because this is just such a great game and I don't want to lose it.