New Classes are Bad.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by grayfox, August 23, 2011.

1. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

An awful lot of people seem to be hoping that the next patch to MNC will involve a new class, and I can't seem to understand why.

This isn't League of Legends, you can't toss in a new guy with general abilities and a few neat quirks and expect him to fit like a glove. This game was designed with the plan of 6 classes, 6 slots. Each person has a role to play, every role is filled. There isn't really room for a seventh class. Whatever that class would be, it would be the ultimate pain in the arse to balance out, keep unique from the other classes, and fit into a clutch role that isn't already filled.

Like adding heavy, gilded buttresses onto a steadily fortified house.
  2. Cyan Sunshine

Cyan Sunshine New Member

The tank doesn't really have a role, just replace that class with something more useful.
  3. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

THIS WAIT IS KILLING ME, UBER.
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Agreed with Gray Fox. If they do add a new "character" I think it'll either be a new mascot or a new announcer.

Though I did have the thought of maybe a few new bots. I mean the Gunner and Tank share bots and that's lame. :lol:

You don't know what waiting is! :D
  5. noyesknifer

noyesknifer Member

Think the gunner should get the new bot because the bouncer is more like the tank then gunner.
  6. DeadStretch

Yeah not to mention the Tank can actually keep up with Bouncers.
  7. Robbert

Robbert New Member

There is a difference between your waiting for nothing and our waiting for something. ;)
  8. DeadStretch

Ohhhhh BURNED! :lol:
  9. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

just build on current classes with lvl 4 skills or new skills.
  10. Robbert

Robbert New Member

YES, now we can have triple-miniguns, body-shots that count as headshots, explosive assault rifle shots and a whip. :)
  11. hobo-with-a-shotgun

That's actually a really nice idea. Maybe instead of simply another level to upgrade, you could have 'branches' within your upgrade tree? For example, as gunner, you could choose to either have a more powerful minigun, for pro-killing, or an improved mortar, for turret-killing.

Support can have something like...his heal gun works better on turrets, but the trade-off is that he can't heal pros nearly as well (and vice-verse), so he could better stave off a base attack, but can't go on the offensive with his team quite as well.

I don't know, but something similar to this (or perhaps incorporating an 'Ult' ability that all MOBA's have) might be a nice addition.
  12. DeadStretch

Isn't Juice kinda like an Ult.?
  13. hobo-with-a-shotgun

Kinda more like a buff, as it's the same for everyone.

Will see what this patch brings anyway (I really hope it's not just nicer graphics).
  14. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

To those who believe a 7th class could not be balanced. There have been plans for a 7th class long before the game was released. I presume Scathis has made precise plans on how to integrate this class into MNC.
  15. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

Valve Time :)
  16. killien

killien Active Member

I just want an option to tell Mickey to shut the hell up instead of bugging me to upgrade skills
  17. DeadStretch

Well Killien, those rules may have changed. :p
  18. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

well if the thing on the far right is a new sniper rifle i think lvl 4 skills might be possible that could be the rifle, maybe the gunner will get a head shield that will keep him safe from 1 headshot and then it will come back in X amount of time? imagine the ******* bomb though, mini nuke? or maybe only lvl 4 passive would be a good idea, increased accuracy as assault, new rifle for sniper, tank gets......new jet gun? (if it was something new) no idea?
  19. Fangeye

Fangeye New Member

Sin gets duel wielding! Back stabs do 2k and front grabs do 900 lol. Grapple is on a cooldown so this clearly would not be OP as crap ;-).
  20. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

[​IMG]

she's from borderlands? o_O