New Clan Wars

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by sardaukar666, October 5, 2015.

1. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

Damnit stuart, not everyone can be expected to have a whacked up sleeping pattern! you know there are things such as work, uni, and exams right? ;) Also i'll have my kangeroo come box you until you agree to Australian times if you want to play it that way ;)
    Then we'll have the drop bears to scar you at night for fun =3 MWAHAHAHA
    [​IMG]
    killerkiwijuice, cdrkf and Nicb1 like this.
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Could rustle a few players together when we have more info. But all I see is talk right now.
    mot9001 and cdrkf like this.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Yeah I dunno why organising a few team games is so difficult, but it is :p
  4. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

I tought the same, but actually u need to have a **** ton of people available to play/cast/coordinate many games over the course of many weeks. It came basicly down to this. Clans signed up = 7 clans(example) means that we gonna fight 4 fights per week to end it with 42 matches, this will make the event take course over 3 months, i counted Dec, Jan and Feb, but maybe thats not final. We gonna have to see 4 different clans battle each week. So to come to this, for 7 clans i did do 6+5+4+3+2+1 is the amount of sets and then counted 2 games per set. This makes it extremely awesome but it also requires a lot of player activity and people. Also there must be organisers and/or streamers or recorders on every week. I do plan to allow people to join a team during the event to ensure this is all possible, but i have to talk to some people about that before im gonna change any rules or even do anything. I figured at this moment, its impossible to organise this alone, but since we got an entire community i think that if we work together we can get this thing done. Since the Realm is still very active and have a big playerbase i think we are in the best position to get this going. So im saying to Elite, please change your plans for clan wars 2 to clan wars 3 and for now help me figure this thing out please. To all the other clans, it would be most helpfull if you could undertake some action to make sure your clan will be able to fight a set of games spread over 5-15 weeks. This is not something you can just organise last second and expect everything to be awesome as intended.
    lordathon likes this.
  5. cdrkf

You see you're over complicating it again.

The way this should work is so simple...

Run Clan wars as a set of *independent team tournaments*. Each event would complete in a single session like any other tournament. Points would then be added into an overall clan league table based on position (e.g. 10 points 1st, 8 points second, 6 points 3rd place etc).

To keep it simple- any clan member can play for their team in any of the tournaments (no need to run it like a bloody sports club like last time). Clans *don't have to participate in every event* if they don't want to / can't field a team, however this will cost them points overall (turning up for the event should be awarded say 2 points to promote participation).

Relaxing the rules a bit and doing the above would avoid all the issues of 1st season and still provide a decent set of events imo.

Edit: It could also run over a longer period and allow new clans to enter as and when. The last clan wars was bad as people were interested but were *explicitly prevented from joining in* due to the team sign up rules. Those more formal rules probably make sense in StarCraft where you have thousands of players to work with but for PA we need to keep things simple.
    Furballman and Clopse like this.
  6. mot9001

But that means that clan A can win without ever having to face clan B. Im not sure if i like that idea.
  7. cdrkf

Well that depends on how the individual events are run (round robin for example would avoid that, and could work given we're unlikely to have that many teams).

The other option is to seed each event based on previous scores so stronger teams will inevitably get pitched against each other in the long run...
  8. sardaukar666

sardaukar666 Well-Known Member

I have already prepared multiple formats to do this to accomplish casted games within 1-2 months.
  9. sardaukar666

This is exactly the reason i opted to delay until next year
  10. mot9001

Well, i don't think my plans are too complicated. Its like the bare minimal i think. Also, i think delay is not an option.
  11. mot9001

So i have been contacted by some clans and tried to get into contact with some others but at the moment it might also be helpfull to organise a meeting with representatives of every clan on RLM teamspeak all together at the same time. I was thinking to do this somewhere in the next couple of days, or friday evening (EU time). Let me know what suits best so we can get this organised. Also i want to say we don't need to do a TS meeting perse and if we do not every clan has to be present but it would be nice i think.
  12. violetania

QUOTE="mot9001, post: 1119654, member: 1943788"]So i have been contacted by some clans and tried to get into contact with some others but at the moment it might also be helpfull to organise a meeting with representatives of every clan on RLM teamspeak all together at the same time. I was thinking to do this somewhere in the next couple of days, or friday evening (EU time). Let me know what suits best so we can get this organised. Also i want to say we don't need to do a TS meeting perse and if we do not every clan has to be present but it would be nice i think.[/QUOTE]
    Please think if elite and I when you say European times =P
  13. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Dang it violet, don't break the quote. When you do that I get mad. Don't make me mad. :)
    tunsel11, ljfed, Nicb1 and 1 other person like this.
  14. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

15. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I'd say you would want to ask some of the Exodus guys to attend this meeting too. They can probably provide a lot of insight into the complications that arose from the last season of Clan Wars and help prevent a lot of potential hiccups with season two.

EDIT: Also from my experience of organising meetings - propose a time, and ask people to let you know whether they can or cannot attend. Crowdsourcing times never goes well.
    cdrkf likes this.
  16. mot9001

This friday is a good idea right?
  17. sardaukar666

friday for who? I'm happy if its my friday
    mot9001 and violetania like this.
  18. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Can you atleast wait till I get back to my comp? Can you wait another week? I wanna help ;-;
    mot9001 likes this.
  19. violetania

Mot............................... i waited until like 3:30am Australian time, you said friday, which is well past my friday and well into your friday.
    Please org better? >.< Fml. Staying awake at European times is hard sometimes and i have a life during the day sometimes you know =P
    cdrkf, Alpha2546 and mot9001 like this.
  20. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

It's just Friday Evening in EU now.
    That's why you pick a UTC time to prevent this from happening.
    Alpha2546 and mot9001 like this.