New character gameplay montage video

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, April 8, 2010.

1. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I do a GREAT impression and I only cost $5k/day.

Including happy endings.
  2. nyx

nyx Moderator Alumni

I was advocating for Robin Williams.
  3. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

MAJOR selling point -- and yes I'm serious -- Chuck Norris. internet nerds would fall in love with this game.
  4. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I suggested Steven Colbert a loooong time ago. But he's probably pretty expensive too. And then again he might have done it for a reasonable price just to be in a computer game. You never know with him... :)

He would make a great announcer I think. Well, maybe for the addon, expansion or part II.
  5. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

I like the Robin Williams and Steven Colbert ideas...
  6. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

LOL I think Colbert would do it for free just to be in a game.

Are any of the clips of the gameplay from PAX or did you do all of those in studio (my guess is the latter but figured I would ask)?
  7. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We entertained the idea of hiring some big names to do VO. Believe me, nothing is free especially well known talent, no matter how nice they seem on TV.
  8. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

That is definitely true on costing money...however, even though the current announcer is fine, I still think someone like Colbert doing something pretty funny and stupid would be win
  9. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

When you make your Colbert of Duty:Modern Stephen starring Stephen Colbert, let me know. I'll be the first one to buy it on Steam.
  10. Col_Jessep

Well, Colbert always said he was in it for the money (and fame). :)

Ah well, maybe one day...
  11. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

LOL Who wouldn't?
  12. eetmorsqrls

eetmorsqrls New Member

Jon Stewart? :ugeek:
  13. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

He would be the sidekick!
  14. shadowbeard

shadowbeard New Member

Thanks, guys!

Hey, here's a question for you. Will there be any- gee, I don't know...one-on-one or sideline interviews with the characters? I can't remember, I was pretty drunk most of the time I wrote stuff for you guys.

Ed
  15. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Now now, Ed. We don't want to give EVERYTHING away, liquored up or not.
  16. Col_Jessep

Very nice job on the writing Ed!
    From what I have seen in the videos you did a great job on the script. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

BOOOOO Eka, let the man speak... ;)
  17. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

So when video game content gets leaked on YouTube its because someone had too much to drink? Interesting...
  18. shadowbeard

shadowbeard New Member

Thanks, Jessep. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of it when the game comes out soon.

Actually, my question is more legit than it seems. I did most of the writing but I wasn't there for most of the VO sessions and I know Eka and company acted on plenty of their own cool ideas for VO, so I'm as curious as the rest of you to see what they have to show off over the weeks and months leading up to launch.

Re: The Assault not being British. It was too bad it had to change, but I've seen this before on other games: there always seems to be that one character you can't find a voice actor for (unless you're in L.A.). Accents are hard, and then when you narrow the field further (say, African American or whichever) the field of possible VO talent shrinks even further.

At the VO sessions I did attend the actors did an awesome job. The Announcer and Sniper were two of my favorite.
  19. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Fair enough.

I would've liked to have heard the Assault's original voice though.

Well anyway, at least have an instance of Britain in the game, like something to put on a ProTag like the Union Jack or something.
  20. XxXMullin13XxX

XxXMullin13XxX New Member

Seen this video and noticed some thing at around 1.04 there is a glowing ball wondering what dat waz can any1 tell me (i think its the annihalator)