Naval Balance Coming?

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by brianpurkiss, September 3, 2014.

1. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

Your argument is bad balance is ok because a good one takes effort and money... really >.<
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Where did he say bad balance is ok? Or that the game is unbalanced? He said he enjoys the original game.
  3. epicblaster117

I meant in terms of adding variety, I take back the "bad balance" thing in particular but I mean saying we can't do variety because money is kinda odd.

(However persoanly I think the balance of vanilla is quite meh.)
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Im saying that you need good well founded reasons to include more units over rebalancing existing ones to cover the found vulnerability's.

Not that you flat our shouldn't be suggesting, that would be silly!

;) But don't let me keep you down if you wanna suggest dude, I am but one voice.
  5. epicblaster117

Ehh I kinda gave up on Ubers direction on balance, I mean what happened to units being viable throughout the entire match and T2 being specialized... no idea why Uber wanted upgrades so much.
  6. Clopse

TA was quite basic when it first came out and super imbalanced. Pa now has good balance imo. The core contingency expansion had over 30 units for each faction and was still badly balanced when cavedog shut down 2 years after release. Most of the units are pointless.
    squishypon3 and igncom1 like this.
  7. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Im not the biggest fan of T2 eco, but T2 unit's at least seems to be fairly good in my opinion.

T1 could probobly use a HP buff, a little, and then they could easily swarm over the superior T2 fire-power.

And id also like the anti-nuke to be T1, but that's just me.

T1 combat is fluid and fun enough for me, tanks having long ranges superiority, and dox having short-ranged dps.

Together making one hell of a team.

x) but yeah, we all have differences in opinion, and that totally cool.
  8. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

So this is still about naval, yeah? ;)
    squishypon3 and Clopse like this.
  9. Clopse

Emm crap yeah so emm boats eh. What is up with them?

Nailed it..
  10. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Slammers got a nerf wich is good for naval i think
  11. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Naval was a topic of discussion post-PAX as it happens. I'm not going to disclose the course of action I recommended to Scathis... ;)
  12. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Mine is moar units. Usually, that is either a statera nerd request, or adding more just complicates.

But in case of naval, if you are just going to have 1 or 2 units native to the layer at least make them borderline OP so taking the water is always a benefit simply limited by it's effective area.

Or, just have at least a little more variety in naval. Orca is okay if balanced with a little bit. Narwahl can be a little less health and range, and a lot faster, for shoreline raiding and establishment. Sunfish could use decent rate of fire even if weak at dps, just to clean dox. Make a torpedo only attacker with sunfish armor and orca damage and narwahl range and narwahl speed and narwahl cost. It effectively fights naval, is useless against land and air, and can be built a bit of a bulk. At least then you have 4 units to use, still not as many as land but a start.

I like how combat fabs are amphibious. I dislike how the naval factory can build em :( but its a terrific start!
  13. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

He shot it down due to the pathfinding issues (beaching). That's it, isn't it?

*grumbles*
    That's the only thing the RCBM team can't figure out how to fix at the moment and it's really giving us a headache. I'm pretty sure it's due to the changes we've made to acceleration and deceleration... but if pathfinding is causing some of the balance "levers" to be, essentially infeasible as tools to alter the balance...

Turing every ship into a speedboat with instant acceleration and deceleration just isn't something we're is willing to condone. It strips the ships of any individuality in their movement characteristics... they stop behaving like ships should. Them feeling like fairground Bumper-Cars in an effort to work around the problem is a horrible compromise.
  14. Clopse

Ooh forum name change is a thing now.
  15. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/name-change.63313/

Only case, if the name is exactly like the old one. I stress tested it. It didn't work at first, now it does but the last letter hangs off. I personally fancy I was trolled...