N-Body Simulations

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tatsujb, July 12, 2014.

?

N-body simulations

1. YAY

58.5%
  2. NAY

24.6%
  3. heeey? I'm doing splits!

16.9%
  1. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

You are not allowed to do that either, because now you are destroying energy. A meteor caught in a sling shot maneuver behind a large planet with your damping system in place will suck the large planet dry from kinetic energy.

"Black magic" was no understatement.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I now see what you mean.

I was about to suggest giving the axial planet a speed boost simultaneously when the other planet's sligshoting get's "canceled" but I see that that would also have somewhat affected the other planets in the system if any.

Although I recall UBER saying in the N-body livestream that the N-body field had a range and beyond that they didn't affect one another, which makes sence to me to keep things going long enough for a match without everything spinning out of control in the first three seconds.

But by now I'm cherry-picking and I'm not getting what I want out of it. N-body isn't the answer.

sucks. :(

perhaps a mod in the distant future.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Thanks for the reply UberGaf... any possibility that the N-Body system can be made available to modders to fiddle around with or has it subsequently been removed from the engine?