MyMNCServer - Report a hacker

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by LennardF1989, December 26, 2010.

1. Vlane

Vlane New Member

You're just jelly because I got reported for hacking on the forums...for the second time!
  2. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

You two must've trolled hard to get someone to go out of his way to make a whole new account just to exclusively report this. :lol:
  3. Vlane

Vlane New Member

We told him to report us so we posted the URL.
  4. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

How very helpful of you.
  5. thesnowninja

thesnowninja New Member

I find it interesting that you would encourage someone to troll people who don't play as well.

The player base for MNC is already small. Solution? Let's give everyone who hasn't played 350 hours crap because they obviously don't have mad skillz.
  6. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

Sorry, honey, don't be mad at them just because they're better. At least you have a life.
  7. verden

verden New Member

I live in my mums basement. She throws food down through an airduct and I have a box for my number two. Special pants for number one.
  8. Vlane

Vlane New Member

And we get crap from people like you for having them mad skillz.
  9. thesnowninja

thesnowninja New Member

I wasn't mad at them because they were better. I run across people that are better than me all the time. That happens in multiplayer games. Sometimes I destroy the people I play against. Often, I get destroyed.

I was frustrated because I honestly felt like they were cheating, and I wasn't the only one. You know how often I see people juice when the game has been going for about 30 seconds? This was the first time. How often do I see people who can snipe well enough as a tank to keep you from getting close? I hadn't before. I've been playing the game for a while, and I couldn't believe what these guys were doing. Imagine how new players feel.

What was their response? "Well kid, you obviously just haven't seen real skills before." Seriously? That is supposed to make me think they are legit?

We all know people hack games. Hence the reason this thread even exists, right? Would you prefer people report users who aren't hacking because they are suspicious? Or should we just ignore them all, and let the cheaters slide as well?
  10. thesnowninja

thesnowninja New Member

The people who post here recognize that MNC doesn't give players much direction. And most players aren't going to come to the forums to learn all the tricks of the trade. Many of them don't even realize there is a melee button. So when a couple guys come in and know to rush the bots, melee them all to get juice and destroy turrets in under a minute, most average players get wary. It looks a lot like cheating, because most people don't do that kind of thing.

And whether cheating is involved or not, the game isn't fun at that point, anyway. Of course people will give you crap when they are trying to have fun, and the round ends before they know what is going on. What do you expect?
  11. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

Alright, the drama level here is rising too much for what this is, so let's calm it down.

Yes, the confusion when someone's 'doing too well' will always raise suspicion, and yes, accusations will be made. That's expected.

And it's also irritating to know that there's a potential of that happening if you're doing particularly well. Why should one's experience of playing well be dulled by some over-reactive guy screaming hackusations? I want to feel GOOD if I'm having a good kill record, not have an ugh moment because I have to deal with some guy saying my efforts was the result of hacks. That's simply offensive.

It's a far worser feeling to be falsely accused of hacking than to be the victim of actual hacking. You get headshotted from an aimbot? You die, and then you think the hacker's a genuine douchebag. That's it. You get accused of hacking, and it becomes mighty personal. The map becomes a virtual courtroom and what you worked so hard for is now regarded as fake. Players who meet you again in future games will give you cold glares of hate and suspicion.

That sound good to you? Because that's what I have to deal with every time I go onto the only good pinged server on my entire list. Newbies form an assassin clan during the free weekend, and I decided to go Tank against them. Fun stuff, but now I have to feel like I'm walking into enemy territory every time I log into that server because apparently I'm a renowned hacker there now. I try to civilly and politely explain I wasn't hacking. I just get met with more hate and irrationality, so what am I supposed to do about that? Now I have to resort to playing on high ping servers to ever get any enjoyment out of this game.

It's a thing that just goes both ways in the end.
  12. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

It hurts me when a level 10~20 player is exceptionally good and gets called a hacker. I do believe that the accusations because of inexperience could be solved with better educational resources in-game, better voice and text chat and a link to the forum.

Its gotten hard trying to educate players ingame and reaching out to them. I've resolved to try to get them to the forums at least.
  13. verden

verden New Member

I can see how this would be a decent way of reacting, but admittedly, me and Vlane simply count hack accusations as wins, I'm pretty sure we're tied at the moment, but it gives a whole new meaning of accomplishing your achievement!

Besides, personally, being called a hacker is comparing one with godlike skillz, which I think is quite the compliment. :D
  14. kotay

kotay New Member

nowadays anyone who can actually aim is a hacker
  15. thesnowninja

thesnowninja New Member

Oddly enough, I'll have to agree with verden. Wouldn't being called a hacker if you aren't cheating be a compliment? Unless you are constantly being kicked out of games because people think you are cheating, I don't see the problem.

What is the purpose of a thread like this if you would have us not report hackers because that could hurt someone's ego? By that logic, no one should ever be reported, because they might just be really good, and we wouldn't want to take away from their accomplishment.
  16. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

Because not every one of us revels in that kind of attention and would rather just play without celebrity-status. Sure, it's a 'compliment', but if it generates more hate than love (especially in the long term), the environment generally becomes unpleasant to play in when you become public enemy no. 1.

There's nothing stopping you from reporting hackers, real or not, and that has not been the point of the previous posts. Whether you hurt the feelings of the suspect shouldn't be your concern. I mean... "Oh, that guy's probably aimbotting, or maybe he's just really good. I shouldn't report him though, because I might end up hurting his FEELINGS." Oh, if only gamers were that considerate... :lol:

It's not a matter about hurting the player, but rather simply being more educated before making those catcalls (I'm tired of seeing tanks being accused of hacking by assassins, and I don't just mean me). Then you make a formal case to be posted on the forums, and the judgement and appeals go on from there.

Though whether MNC's population is big enough to actually still contain any actual hackers is another question. :|
  17. kotay

kotay New Member

i am really surprised sir tillies never got added to the list, looking at his stats i saw this

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... hievements

unlocked everything in a minute, including 100k kills on slims and stuff, is this right or is it just steam dates being wrong or something
  18. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

I reported Sir Tilles forever ago, even mentioning him having unlocked everything.
    I met him in-game and I can guarantee he got them through alternative means.

If he is not added to the list, there is something wrong.
    I bet my $5,000 super computer on it.

L. Spiro
    Last edited: May 19, 2011
  19. killien

killien Active Member

Yea, unless the dates are screwed up, there's no way he could have gotten all of that so quickly
    I'm highly doubting it's legit unless he plays almost 24/7, especially the 100,000 Gremlin/Buzzer kills
  20. kotay

kotay New Member

well i have played against him and on his team and i would say what he was doing definitely was not legit.